Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sirena Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a week off in February. Good time to go to Belize? (Sounds like you guys think ANY time is a good time but...besides that?!) I'm trying to connect w a friend down there but, since I'm probably going to be traveling alone, I may book a package tour with South American Fiesta www.southamericanfiesta.com if I can't get in touch. I think a tour might be advantageous even though it would mean paying single punishment...um..supplement. I went with SAF to Costa Rica some years ago and I enjoyed having everything all ready and planned. I went canoeing and biking and horseback riding and hiking in the rain forest - they did a fantastic job. Since I'm alone now, I feel the company of a group would be even more beneficial. How's the weather, crowds, snorkeling, etc. in February? Any suggestions or advice? laugh

Sirena

Sirena
Since that is considered "high season" the rates will be higher then... they won't go down again until about April.

C
C
The weather in February is very nice. We have seen an all day rain but not very often. It is the dry season. Snorkeling is good(I recomend Tulu for a guide). Crowds are not a problem even in high season. We will be there for the whole month of February so you know that we enjoy that time of year. I understand that being alone, you would feel more secure being with a tour, but honestly, Belize is a great place to just wing it.
Whatever you do, try to meet locals, they are very friendly and the best part of the Belize expierience.
Enjoy your trip!

Hi Sirena: I went down solo in May and am going again solo in September. I had an awesome time by myself and enjoyed meeting everyone. I met many other "solos" and we did our own thing during the day and met up alot during the evening for dinner and evening partying.

If going with a tour makes you comfortable, by all means do it. But if you have at least one ounce of social blood in you, you will have an awesome time as well going solo. You'll meet all kinds of great people and will more than likely establish life long relationships.

Enjoy! Only 25 more sleeps for me

smile

T
Tom Offline
T
Sirena,

I have been down solo many times and actually prefer it to being with any kind of tour group.
Of course I like exploring things on my own. Going solo in San Pedro should not be a problem at all.
Kat

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.