Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#167474 10/05/04 10:46 AM
S
OP Offline
S
This was posted on the Belize Forums:

There is a PM (private message) system on this forum that works great for off-topic, private discussion. Just click on the little postcard next to the person's name.

One of the reasons why the other Belize discussion groups are so useless is that you can't distinguish between the topics -- they all get taken over by inside jokes and childish bickering, usually dominated by the same obnoxious characters. That was not the case here, but whenever you have to weed through a thread looking for relevant messages, its practicality is diminished.

#167475 10/05/04 11:54 AM
Were they talking about threads like this one found on Belize Forums? Quoted here in its entirety:

"i guess this should go in the travelogues topic.

this little story took place about 4 years ago. as I write this, understand that I am not criticizing travel writers or the job they do. or, anyone in particular for that matter. just my usual ranting.

my wife's parents came to placencia for their first visit. being older and not hurting for money, they decided to stay at roberts grove. mostly for the a.c. it was slow season around here and the parents were the only guests at r.g. at the time. they checked into what at the time was the most expensive room, upstairs above the bar area. all seemed just fine. they heard things would pick up in 2 days as there were a group of 8 travel writers due to check in. during those 2 days, a crew of workers started to 're-build' the bar area, along with the last minute repairs and such before the 'writers' get there. construction noise was pretty bad for them upstairs. they tolerated it understanding that you need to get things done during off times. when the travel writers checked in,, naturally all worked stopped. all meals were planned around them, all trips and tours were designed with the writers in mind. keep in mind that my in-laws were the only "paying" guests as all the writers were comped their stay! the day the writers left, and mom and dad were alone again, a jackhammer came out for the floor in the bar. when the in-laws checked out, they brought this up to the owner who said he knew nothing of the noise from the work, or something to that effect. the best they got was a weak 'I'm sorry'. during their stay, mom and dad befriended one husband and wife writer team, who later sent them a copy of their write-up. nothing was ever mentioned of the bar re-construction project.
I don't care much for large, upscale, fancy resorts, partly because of the cold, uncaring attitude I sense around them. they, in return, don't even know I exist. so I think we have a good working relationship!
-------------------------------------------------
gee barnacle,,, did your parents have a good time anyway? will they come back?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------
for jeepers sake barn,,, it was 4 stinkin years ago!! get on with life would ya?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree,, why complain about something that happened a long time ago? i have had very good experiances with upscale resorts.

barnacle,,,, as the old saying goes,,
if you don't have anything nice to say,, don't say anything at all.
Member # 8388

--------------------------------------------------
allright allready,,,
i hear all of you and i will try to keep my opinions to myself and my big yapper shut!

to much one barrell ?
Nah- Barnacle's a beer man.

-------------------------------------------------
This forum needs a good shot of humor once in awhile (even if One Barrel enduced) !!

highly entertaining barnacle - thank you!!
that was really funny.....so,what do you and you think about Bush/Kerry......kidding,please don't answer!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
. . . think about WHO ??
Can't say as I've heard of either of them . . .
she says with a smile

OK - couldn't resist - WISH I HAD NEVER HEARD OF AT LEAST ONE OF THEM IF NOT BOTH!!!!!

------------------------------------------------
I hope you are referring to the lib sen from mass..I hope by abbreviating I'm not encouraging a political discussion of combustable nature on a otherwise "mucho tranquillo" board..oh well what are forums for?????
Looks to me like half a dozen of one or six of the other.

Mid! NO! One of either is plenty! Can't say I envy the choice the USAnians have to make in November.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#167476 10/05/04 11:59 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Seashell: You make the point perfectly! Thanks

#167477 10/05/04 12:03 PM
Just what point was that exactly Jesse? The one where it would behoove us here on this board to clean up our act? Or the one where the Belize Forums people should get over themselves?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#167478 10/05/04 12:31 PM
I hate to admit this but I don't have a clue what is being discussed here. Is it because things are being written in the wrong forum on here?

If that is the case, I have noticed postings "bleeding" into the other "forums"... but for now I am just confused. eek

#167479 10/05/04 12:48 PM
did you just highjack this topic?

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
#167480 10/05/04 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'm looking for a good receipe for Belizean cole slaw????

#167481 10/05/04 01:04 PM
or is it where one subject is posted and somehow it gets twisted around and may end up incorporating3, 4 or 5 totally different topics? eek Man, how about the Astros?

#167482 10/05/04 01:15 PM
Denny, you crack me up! smile Thanks for laughs...daily.

#167483 10/05/04 01:18 PM
Does anyone have a cure for the ingrown toenail on my dog?

Time flys - have fun!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.