Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16810 - 07/07/03 06:31 PM Maruba Jungle Spa
freckleface Offline
I will be traveling to Belize over New Years for my honeymoon. So far, we are booked for 5 nights at Victoria House. We want to spend 3 nights on on the mainland- but having a hard time finding accomodations available due to holiday peak season. We were looking into Maruba- have heard bad and good things- has anyone stayed there recently?? Looking for some feedback- we would stay there for the first 3 nights of our trip. Since this is our honeymoon- we want something that is romantic, relaxing and has nice accomodations. FYI- Chaa Creek is booked up.

#16811 - 07/07/03 09:10 PM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
Miss Anthropy Offline
A group of my friends and I stayed there overnight. We all loved it, the food, the spa treatments (honey; magic clays; flowers). We are all women who love pampering as well as adventuring and it was pretty luxe and very Belize/Beautiful Jungle ambience.

#16812 - 07/08/03 06:34 AM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
KathyMLT Offline
I've heard people praise Maruba and I cannot really comment on actually staying there as I have only had a massage there which was by no means relaxing to me. Without going into great detail I guess the only comment I can make is that it depends on you. I didn't think the food there was that great and if you really look at the ads for Maruba it really advertises eroticism. I think it might be worth a try if nothing more than to say you tried it and go with an open mind. I at least have an (although not that funny at the time) story to tell my grandchildren about grandmas experience at Maruba.

#16813 - 07/08/03 11:10 AM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
o jackie Offline
Ditto that KathyMLT. I did not care for the food,at all, or the massage.

#16814 - 07/08/03 03:12 PM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
Richard Chambers Offline
Never stayed there but visited a couple times.
Have to admit it is a beautiful setting.The Belikin was as good there as anywhere else in Belize. :p

#16815 - 07/08/03 03:26 PM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
Miss Anthropy Offline
Well, I don't know about the advertised eroticism mentioned by KathyMLT, we didn't get that particular massage maybe. We all plan to return to Maruba for the clay treatment again though.

#16816 - 07/08/03 04:50 PM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
Perhaps eroticism is the only cardiovascular program available at Maruba's.

#16817 - 07/08/03 05:00 PM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
Miss Anthropy Offline
I believe they offer hiking and ruins touring packages as well.

#16818 - 07/08/03 09:07 PM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
Waterworld Offline
Maruba is a world class resort and spa, its elegant and very slow paced.......perfect for the advanced travelers/tourists whom love pampering.

#16819 - 07/08/03 10:02 PM Re: Maruba Jungle Spa
Cayo guy Offline
Check back with Chaa Creek they recently added two rooms to their inventory starting in November.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.