Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#16907 07/22/03 07:19 AM
K
kippe Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ya, OK, Bill is right, I am indeed a gal! Kippe was the nickname given to me by my friends while still in school, my mother insisted to call me Krissan, my father didn't call me anything much that I can remember, my brother called me by names better not mentioned in public and my teachers called me Kristina. I graduated to become Mrs...., George's wife, then Taki's mom, "bosslady" and am in SP, much to my horror, known mostly as "Kris". That should do it! :rolleyes:

#16908 07/22/03 10:37 AM
Thanks Kippe, that explains all.

Dare To Deviate
#16909 07/22/03 02:44 PM
Way to go, KRIS!!!!

Gone fishing!!
#16910 07/22/03 03:49 PM
Hi Kris smile

#16911 07/23/03 09:09 AM
K
kippe Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi guys! that should do it for Long Caye! to bad the resort doesn't offer free tours, we could all eat and drink and be merry and take pictures with our new free camera and Bill could bring one of his crooks, they do allow pets, don't they?! :rolleyes: Barbarak and Bill, you are wonderful, thanks!

#16912 07/23/03 11:06 AM
and others can bring their bull.

Gone fishing!!
#16913 07/25/03 12:53 AM
Well, a lot of bull has been tossed around this board already, so I'll add my BS!
Long Caye at Lighthouse Atoll is nothing like Ambergris Caye and never will be. Just like people in San Pedro like to chant “We don't want to be another Cancun” Long Caye does not want to be another San Pedro. I love San Pedro; I have an apartment in downtown (LOL) and am buying into one of the new Villas. I consider that I live in San Pedro.

There are many people on this board who own lots on Long Caye. We have mostly learned to keep our mouths shut. I will get crucified for this post but here goes.

I bought two lots in the Loggerhead Reserve section several years ago. I bought into an idea about a way of life that I, personally, find valuable. I have never thought of this as a place to live, day in and day out. My intention is to have a small cabana where I can go for a week or two and dive my brains out. But it is where people pay their big bucks to go to dive. The west wall off of Long Caye is spectacular – however, it is a 2-hour boat ride from A/C. A number of operators in San Pedro make their money running trips out there.

The developers had a grand vision – I have verbalized to them that I think they have lost their focus. Like so many others, I think they got greedy and expanded the plan beyond the original concept, then got bogged down in politics and environmental issues.

The development is behind schedule, but I knew I was buying in Belize and knew I would have to be patient. There is a small resort open now with a very large restaurant attached that is almost finished. The medical center is almost finished. I know this to be a fact as I was on the island this past March and Spent time with Steve, the owner/ developer of Long Caye Resort. Hustler's Tours is now taking, weather permitting, people out for overnight or longer trips. I know this as I dive with Hustler's and the owner referred to me as “their photographer.”

Because of one of the really bad rip offs in AC (that I will politely not name), where people on this board lost a lot of money, I started a message board for people interested in Long Caye. You might want to look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LongCaye_Chat

Honestly, I don't think this is what you are looking for now, I just wanted to respond to your original question. Good luck. I look forward to meeting you.
Harriette cool

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#16914 07/25/03 09:05 AM
K
kippe Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Harriette! I am very impressed by your honesty! And don't worry about this board, you find out really quickly who is really trying to help you, who knows who, and from reading between the lines, who has been ripped off and are therefore not happy, that sort of thing! You actually know me a little. I was checking out the site for friends, will forward the yahoogroup thing to them. I know it is not for me. I am looking into Cayo for my little "cabana". Are you in San Pedro now? I will be back for good sometime end of August, beginning of September. Kristina, like in the Hideaway, breakfast at Lily's....that sort of know me!

#16915 07/25/03 09:17 AM
kippe
The person I had mentioned in my earlier posts was the one that has recently responded. I am glad she was able to give you the information you were seeking. smile

I didn't wish to name drop.

#16916 07/26/03 11:33 AM
Kippe
Ah, breakfast at Lily's. Can't beat it. I miss my breakfast club sooo much. Louis is taking care of my apartment - I'm hoping it is raining enough that he doesn't have to water the way I did.
I will be back in September, whether or not my house has sold. I can't stand the thought of being away longer.
I've told everyone here (in California) that I will not be coming back for the holidays this year and I want a prolonged stay in San Pedro. I've run back and forth too many times this year.
So, I'll see you when you get back.
Harriette cool
BTW – I watched you dance your ass off at Fido's one Saturday night. Remember, when Linda Chorney from New York was signing. I love her CD—especially The Island Boys.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.