Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
To all board members

I think we should all agree that to give information about a certain place on A/C or indeed in Belize -that member should write about first hand experiences and preferably to have visited within the last year.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that a small number of people are trying to pass themselves off as experts on this country without having visited in a couple of years.

My vote is stick to "general chat" and leave up- to-date viewpoints to people who either live here or to people who have visited in the last nine/twelve months.

IMO a two year old viewpoint is as worthless as last weeks newspaper.

Pedro1: With all due respects, last weeks newspaper is not worthless; i.e. washing windows, stuffing smelly shoes, papier mache sculpture, wrapping discarded fish bones, starting bonfires, blocking commodes, party hats, ticker tape parades, light blanket on warm summer nights, shoe brush, magaphone, drapes, ad infinitum.

Gone fishing!!
Dear Pedro1 - Please get a life laugh

Time flys - have fun!
S
S
Amen to that.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
People who haven't been here for a couple of years or more should definitely be permitted to give their opinions of various establishments here on the message board. But! in all fairness shouldn't they mention that "it has been x years since I've visited?" Think about it...the potential visitor to Ambergris Caye who is looking on the Internet for information is really looking for CURRENT info.

How many times have you picked up an old guide book and had a good guffaw at how ridiculously out of date everything seems to be? The message board ought to be a lot more up to date than an old guide book, after all, each message board thread only lasts a few weeks on average.

I understand Pedro1's point and Chris' too. It was a little over a year's time between my visit in May 2003 and Aug 2004 and I was astonished at all the changes to places I was very familiar with and those hotels I actually stayed at previously. I would and will continue to share my thoughts when appropriate and always clarify it with dates, etc.

This board is my first source for information when it comes to AC so I want to hear opinions and experiences but ultimately it's my decision which begets my experience. laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
S
S
more rules from the forum police confused

Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Police stop people selling illegal substances and various people on this board would,possibly, find themselves on the wrong side of the law-
Let everyone who has not even been here offer their suggestions on where to eat,where to stay,who to dive with,where to drink -because they have read comments from people who are as ill-informed as they are.
All in all that will ruin this message board.

S
S
Some people on this very topic are on the wrong side of the law...

S
S
and.................

I always thought posts on this forum related to a buffet (opinions), take what you choose and leave the rest.

Who can regulate a persons opinion?

I always appreciate the opposing ideals.

SIN

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.