Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#169968 11/29/04 05:33 PM
MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Someone I know had their home broken into while they were out of town for the holidays. Young kids are suspected. Nothing was stolen, they took a BB gun and shot up EVERYTHING, tumped over cabinets and book shelves, emptied dressers, then they flooded the house by letting water run in a stopped up tub. Damage is going to be at least $30,000, probably $45,000 by the time all is said and done. Clean up efforts in the first 24 hrs were up to $8,000.

Are the parents responsible for this? IF the turd(s) is found....... Will the insurance company put a judgement against the parents for the damage?

I think I would be arrested a.) if I had a kid and b.) my kid did this. The reason: I would beat the $%&* out of it, the kid that is. mad

Thoughts please...

#169969 11/29/04 05:53 PM
It really is sad when crap like this happens.

I'm not sure where this happened but there are States and Municipalities that do hold the parents responsible. I really like that law.

#169970 11/29/04 05:58 PM
C
C
Kids who have parents at home and know they will beat the $96&* out of em don't usually act like that in the first place. Responsible parents generally raise responsible children.

I agree the parents should be fiscally responsible and that the kids should have to work the money back, however long it takes. After they recover from getting the @$#**& kicked out of them.

A couple of weeks ago in Savannah, some kids broke into an public assisted retirement home/ high rise building. They busted the main water pipes on the roof and flooded the entire building. Two hundred and something old, low income people lost everything they had. The 14 story building was a complete loss and the old folks are now camping out in gyms and the Y.

#169971 11/29/04 05:59 PM
WOW, What a shame, what stupidity, what morons. Sure hope they are picked up. Depending on
culprit(s) age(s) parents should be held accountable and have to pay. This says a lot about the lack of supervision/disipline these morons had growing up. Let us know if they are caught. Have feeling it was more than one.

gforrest.imageculture.com
#169972 11/30/04 10:53 AM
MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
CL that is terrible about the retirement home. I have a sneaking suspicion, ha ha, that parental control has gone to hell. Several years ago, when I was a yung-un, there was a much publicized case here in Houston where a mother whipped or slapped (?) her child in public. They took her to court. This is a problem. Another one with lots of publicity was the woman who handcuffed her 15 yr old boy to a table in the house. I can understand this womans rationality and I don't even have kids!

Hopefully the culprits that did this to my friends house will be caught but I am afraid they won't. Justice, I believe, is sitting down with your iniquitous one and having a little chat.

I don't know about the parents having to pay. Can you imagine having a $45,000 judgement placed against you for something your kid did like this? Of course, if you didn't point the kid in the right direction or give him any guidance on being a responsible citizen to begin with I guess it is your fault. ??? What do you guys with kid think?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.