Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
COZMO Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'm trying to get a FAX # or phone # or E-mail Address for the BELIZE CENTRAL LAB... to get Import Permit for bringing a dog to the Island (Ambergris Caye, Belize, CA) I am travelling back in Late Jauary for 3 months and plan to bring my beloved pet. Love San Pedro Town, can't wait to get back.

Have a great day
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Cozmo,
Good luck trying to get thru to them, and even if you do, the chances of them actually processing and sending the paperwork to International is slim.
My baby travels to BZ 6 times a year, and I have found it's just easier to show up without a permit and pay the "fine". 4 times out of 6 last year, the paperwork never made it, after fees were paid. And they don't care if you have a receipt.
Good luck!

Ibanole, Are you speaking of Air or Land? I wonder how that would go over if I showed up with my 3 BIG (250 pounds) of dogs? would this work going thru Mexico and Belize and what is the fine? Sometimes it is easier to recieve Forgiveness then Permission... :rolleyes:

ibanole...if you have all of the required vet/shot papers for your pet but no papers from International, what are the fines whether by land or air to bring them in?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
The fine is for not getting the import permit. I think it's 100 BZ. And that is for Air--- sorry, never tried the land thing.
All I know is that I've been told NOT to argue with the customs officers, don't try to convince them you are right, just pay the amount and head to San Pedro.

C
COZMO Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for your replies... I have found the correct information... so if anyone else needs it...
Request application form from:
Belize Agricultural Health Authority (BAHA)
Belmopan Showgrounds
Belmopan City
Tel # 822-0197 or 822-0818
Fax # 822-3084
email: [email protected]

COST: AFTER COMPLETING THE APPLICATION... 12.50 USD TO BE PAID AT POINT OF ENTRY (ENTRY FEE)
AND 12.50 USD FAX FEE

PERSONS THAT FORGO THE APPLICATION PROCESS WILL BE SUBJECT TO 100.00 USD VIOLATION FINE AS WELL AS THE 12.50 USD ENTRY FEE.

THIS INFO IS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OF THE BELIZE TOURISM BOARD

I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET THE CORRECT APPLICATION AND THEN HOW LONG IT TAKES AFTER THE APPLICATION IS SENT IN... ASSUMING THAT I GET A RESPONSE... I'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED.

Have a great day
C
C
You might want to contact Belize City vet Michael DeShield. He now holds some government position, but I also think he still practices in Belize City. His wife and office manager, Miriam, can help you with getting the paperwork.

J
J
You need the correct papers to get your pets in,no big deal,They must have all required shots and a permission-slip from a Vet.in the Country.We brought 2 dogs into the country from Michigan,and had no problem,the correct paperwork and signatures that state the dates of required shots is all you need.We had no problem with customs,just had to pay for 2 seats on Tropic Air for the size of the crate,my other dog got thru,but we paid extra for her seats on all airfair.One word of warning,look out for the dog-packs that roam this island,kill they will and have..minus one I brought here,she was killed by a pack of 5 white dogs.Complain???We did.Results??Nada.

JVID I am sorry to hear of your Loss.. frown

Was your dog a small dog?? fenced yard or out on the street? that is so sad,a lady here in Florida just killed a Rotweiler that was coming after her shitzu she grabbed him by the collar and strangled him,charges are pending.The Rots owner said he just wanted to play......

J
J
Thanks for caring.Yes,she was a 6lb Min-pin mix,I live on the beach on the North-end,and had complained about these dogs for 4 monthes,they had already attacked my German-shepard,the owners lived right across from us and everyone knew this.I found her in their yard and the dogs were circling her little body.The dogs were killed,but not by any authority here.Matters fell into all that knew my Nina.Alot has been said about this and I do not even like speaking about it,but its true and she did not deserve to be chased from her own yard and murdered.Enough said.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.