Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#17216 - 09/26/03 10:47 AM Corazal
BoardRunner Offline
I haven't see much said about this area. Can
someone give me some general info? Beaches,
rooms etc.

#17217 - 09/26/03 12:31 PM Re: Corazal
Marty Offline

#17218 - 09/27/03 09:11 PM Re: Corazal
CorozalBayResort Offline
smile Other web sites about Corozal are: www.corozal.com and our web site www.corozalbayinn.com
Corozal is a great area of Belize. Check it out. cool
Doug & Maria Podzun

#17219 - 09/28/03 09:04 AM Re: Corazal
BoardRunner Offline
Thanks folks...
I've visited and bookmarked everything.

#17220 - 09/29/03 09:57 AM Re: Corazal
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Corozal is one of my favorite areas of Belize. But there aren't really any beaches. (Well, there's a little human-assisted beach at Consejo and some beaches, sorta, at near Copper Bank and elsewhere in Sarteneja.)

But the Bay of Chetumal is pretty and Corozal Town is a nice, inexpensive area to visit ... though there's not a lot to do. Shipstern and Sarteneja are also fun to visit, but there are probably only a total of a dozen hotel rooms.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#17221 - 09/30/03 06:28 PM Re: Corazal
CorozalBayResort Offline
smile Corozal Town has beaches but they are grass & not sand. The grass is well maintained and extends to the waters edge. They get busy on the weekends.
At the Corozal Bay Inn we are presently making a 1 acre powder white sand beach in front of our cabana rooms. About 1/2 done already and looks and feels great.
Things to do: Cerro Maya ruins, Santa Rita ruins. Sarteneja, Copper Bank, Consejo villages for expoloring or property hunting. Corozal Museum, Chilling on the beach or bar hopping.
Soccer games on Sunday. Trips to Chetumal, Mexico and get an extra stamp on your passport (great nightlife & dining). There is also a great ruin a couple of miles outside of the city of Chetumal. Can not remember the name. frown
On weekends you can rent a jetski or get towed around on a banana float behind a speeding boat. This happens on the grassy "Miami Beach" area of Corozal Town. Day trips to San Pedro, leave at 7am and be home by 5:30pm for cocktails. In December, January & February the bay sometimes get very calm and the water gets glass clear and is great for snorkelling. Find antique bottles, pottery shards, old coins and more. cool
Doug & Maria Podzun

#17222 - 09/30/03 06:53 PM Re: Corazal
Marty Offline
i love Corozal. its fabulous. i highly recommend folks go up there and hang out a bit. lots nice places to stay. we stayed last time at nestors. but i like the not so fancy places sometimes... but its right downtown, just off the bay.

But if you want to spend a lil more and get a nicer place, Corozal Bay Inn is awesome, Hok'ol K'in and Tony's are also highly recommended.

Some great spots to eat downtown, and we love wandering the bay. peter a friend of mine has a nice boat we can go beebopping around in. got 7 full grown humans into his vw rabbit (back seat removed) last trip.

The bay there is amazing, go boating around and you are literally surrounded by Maya temple sites. some excavated, of course most not, but that was an incredibly important bay to the Maya.

Buzz across to Chetumal also if you spend a few days. Fun town and really pretty too. But by all means never forget the beauty of the mainland. take a lil taste here and there each trip down. extremely varied and fascinating.

and Xaibe Village, right next to Corozal, is where the fantastic never to be forgotten coconut oil comes from... eat it, cook with it, rub it all into your mates body, it does real wonders for the skin...

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (ragman), 42 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.