Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#172457 - 01/15/05 03:45 AM Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
klcman Offline
MUSCATINE, Iowa (AP) - A Wal-Mart greeter was sacked for apparently showing too much of his friendly side to customers.

Mr. XXX (name removed for privacy by klcman), 65, was accused of greeting customers with a computer-generated photo of himself in which he appeared to be naked - except for a carefully placed Wal-Mart bag - and of telling customers that Wal-Mart was cutting costs and the sack was the company's new uniform.

A supervisor at the Muscatine store where (Mr. XXX) had worked for seven years told him to knock it off after customers complained. He was fired five days later, in September, after he displayed the photo again.

(Mr. XXX)'s application for unemployment compensation was rejected by an administrative law judge who said "a reasonable person would know the act of showing a naked body wearing a Wal-Mart sack would not be good for the employer's business."

Mr XXX said he did not see the harm in the photo, which he said was made by a friend who spliced a picture of Mr. XXX's's head on to a shot of another man's body.

"When I first seen it, I pretty near died laughing," he said.

#172458 - 01/17/05 05:52 PM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
GAY AND DAVID Offline
can anyone confirm that denny was in philly and not iowa? eek

#172459 - 01/17/05 06:39 PM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
Denny Shane Offline
I absolutely hate it when people think up better ideas than me! Now I have to top this guy. eek

#172460 - 01/17/05 08:16 PM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
ChrisW Offline
Denny,

I think Klcman just hit on a great way to spice up your blog. Go out and get hired into a low paying postion (cashier, cook, greeter, bagboy, or whatever). Then think of some some crazy stunt (or a series of escalating stunts) to try and get yourself fired. Lather, rinse, repeat. Just document all your experiences and add some pictures and you got yourself a cool website and a trendy new activity that others can participate in. Call it "pranking the machine" or something...

#172461 - 01/17/05 08:59 PM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
Ernie B Offline
I tried that here in Texas at our local Wal*Mart Store....... they beat the hell outa me and threw out into the parking lot, it's cold too... No sense of humor frown

#172462 - 01/17/05 09:03 PM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
Johnboy Offline
Those Wal-Mart "GREETERS" can be tuff sometimes!!! laugh laugh

#172463 - 01/17/05 09:14 PM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
Denny Shane Offline
I don't care what Ernie says Chrisw... you're cool in my book. That's an excellent idea! Now where can I go and get fired? hmmm
eek

#172464 - 01/17/05 09:36 PM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
Anonymous
Okay - I'll bite (figuratively speaking, of course) . . .It appears that "tuff" might not begin to cover it . . .

Port Saint Lucie
(Florida)-- January 8th 2005. While responding to an EMS call at the Wal-Mart Superstore on Highway US 1 in Port St. Lucie, Florida, photo journalist Lee Oliver was allegedly the victim of simple battery by the stores co-manager known (at this time) only as Phillip. What began as investigating a story of a collapsed customer (later, facts proved that it was merely an employee who felt ill.) Mr. Oliver entered the store to request permission for an on-camera interview but was denied and asked to leave the store. Mr. Oliver left immediately without incident. After leaving the store Mr. Oliver began shooting what is known as background footage of the ambulance in the parking lot. Whilst filming the ambulance he was approached by the co-manager known as Phillip. Phillip asked Mr. Oliver to turn off the camera then grabbed the lens of the video camera. Mr. Oliver asked why Phillip was was so adamant regarding the cessation of filming, but received no answer. The co-manager briefly released the camera, however when Mr. Oliver identified the co-manager by name and title, Phillip responded by quickly grabbing the top of the cameras lens-hood and forcefully pushed it forward into Mr. Olivers' eye. This action which was clearly no accident caused bruising to Mr. Olivers' right eye and orbital bone. The attack also caused damage to the video camera.
When District manager Gary Kirkland called Mr. Oliver regarding the incident he, in what appeared to be an aggressive tone, stated "My manager said it didn't happen, so it didn't happen!" "I have two witness statements to back up my manager" He denied an offer to view the video stating "if your camera's so broke how am I gonna see a thing." Mr. Kirkland further stated (regarding the alleged attack) "Hey! you stick a camera in someones' face what do you think is gonna happen?)
Wal-Mart Media relations was contacted regarding the incident, and subsequent apathy of District Manager Gary Kirkland. Marchelle Antons initial reaction to the video was disgust! stating "this is terrible! Let me get a supervisor and get right back to you" That was three days ago. It would appear that not all Wal-Mart management share Ms. Antons' "disgust"!
In the interest of full disclosure Mr. Oliver has filed a claim with Wal-Marts' insurance company (CMI) for the damage to the camera, which now periodically has pixilated artifacts on recorded video, and drops frames. After taking an initial report CMI has only now (1/17/05, nine days later) requested a copy of the video for review. Neither Wal-Mart nor its' media relations department have officially responded to numerous requests for comment.
Police were called to the scene and were initially going to charge the manager with simple battery, but at the request of Mr. Oliver no charges were filed at the time. Although at this point Mr. Oliver has changed his mind and would like charges of simple battery brought against the alleged assailant.

#172465 - 01/19/05 01:46 AM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
Ernie B Offline
No one seens to care that I got my ass whupped and thrown out in the cold, just for acting out Deenys idea. Sigh frown frown

#172466 - 01/19/05 01:49 AM Re: Is It OK To Go Naked In Wal-Mart? ( Ernieeeeeeeeeeeee)
Anonymous
sympathy? I thought that was the response you were going for . . . wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (ron, Marty, dabunk, 2 invisible), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.