Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline
Well my friends, this is not a good story. I have been going to San Pedro for two years and consider myself a food and restaurant critic, as well as a half-assed fishing reporter. I try to eat in the best places, but this week was week three of the new Capt. Jeff diet. So the first two days I had lots of fruit and salad. But the ship hit the fan on day three. Food poisoning, bad stomach pains you can only wish on your worst enemy. Went to the new clinc by tropic air hanger. Cuban doctor angel of mercy named Teresa did my blood work and other unmentionables. Gave me a great physical from head to toe and said yes Capt. Jeff, you are sick and have many microscopic amoeba your intestines. Thats why you are doubling up in pain. She asked me what I ate, and I told her salads and grapes and unpeeled apples. And then the alarm bells rang. There you go Capt. Jeff. You ate fruit or salad that was unwashed and had parasites on them. Now you have new friends in your stomach. In listening to Dr. Teresa, thats all the Capt. was eating, duh duh. Hello, hello, anybody home? How stupid I felt. I never got sick here, never. And trust me I did some heavy duty eating on the island. She gave me big time antibiotics, and now after two days of pain and two days of weakness I feel some what better, just very weak. It really knocked the 'ship' out of me, no pun intended. I learned a valuable lesson... eat only fruit that you can peel the skin off. Be careful of salad unless you carefully wash it yourself. Some locals told me they wash their fruits and vegetables in a lite bleach solution. THIS IS not to scare people but to warn us of the things we know but forget in paradise (to quote our President Mr. Bill Thorton, he said Capt. think, we're not in Kansas anymore). Be careful on what you eat and where you eat... my little fishing report to follow tomorrow. Anyone else local or San Pedro-wannabe like me thats had a problem with this while living there??????? I was in deep ship..here's to living the dream in health agin .

Living The Dream Every Day!
wow... sounds like you really had it ruff for a few days... glad tyo hear you're on your way back to normalcy.

OP Offline
denny thanks thank god it is over.it was not my living the dream week ..be back at the end of feb .

Living The Dream Every Day!
C
C
Captain glad to hear you are on the mend.

You try to eat healthy and look what happens! :rolleyes:

Glad you're feeling better!

R
R
Hey Captain Jeff: Sure glad we got to see you before you became ill. Sounds like you went through hell.

I eat plenty of fruit there, but nothing with skin on it. Will be extra careful in the future though.

Good luck with your battle. I know you can do it. Be sure to take your vitamins to keep your energy up.

Take care! Beth

What a way to lose 10 pounds. Frankly I would rather have streph throat and throw up for a week... (that was a joke) That will teach you to go on a diet... now don't even think about excercizing... Did you know that frequent massages can substitute for excercise?

I forgot to say, sorry you were sick Capt. Jeff. So now I'm doing just that.

Silk - does that statement come with a money back guarantee?? laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
Jeff, I thought I warned you about grazing in the mangroves ! To cure you of this, you must lick the fish cleaning boards twice a day and eat a head of lettuce that has been rolled down middle street through all the puddles. You'll remember next time!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.