Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#172769 - 02/04/05 09:50 PM Friday news round-up
Catatonic Motivator Offline
Well, it's been quite a week of news for SP, some of the biggest being the big protest march scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Tiger Woods is scheduled to lead the Belikin Calendar Girls on a semi-peaceful, possibly topless, parade from the Lions Club down to the dump and back and everyone is encouraged to attend. Take a chicken along to feed the wildlife along the way.

The protest is to galvanize solidarity among roving unions and will be immediately followed by a machete-throwing contest on the beach somewhere near Cholo's...or Crazy Canuck's, depending on where the march finishes up.

In other news, Capt. Jeff's new Pepto-Bistro is scheduled to open right on time, several weeks later than planned. The menu boasts a fruit-skin salad and Barracuda bisque, along with the monster lobster platter. Reservations are always advised. We know we have them.

The government of the week has announced a no-tax initiative for all ex-pat artists and disgruntled political extremists that promises...well, not much. However, it should provide excellent economic impact for the coffee house and internet cafes on the island. Capt. Jeff's will also provide a free salad with every vegan entree ordered by the new island residents.

Paisano Enterprises, LLC, has announced plans to build the world's largest, shallow-water cruise ship pier, tied right at the end of Fido's dock. Once the reef has been dynamited for a mile each side of the location for the new pier, work will begin on cutting down all the trees on AC, lashing them together and pointing them east. All residents are encouraged to plant more trees in anticipation of ongoing expansion of the Paisano project.

Related to the new pier, Ramon's has announced that they will be expanding all of their rooms by approximately one-half square foot each, effectively doubling the capacity of some of their suites.

Barry Bowen announced that he has sold his bottling operations to Miller Brewing Company. They plan to raze the Belikin plant and begin importing Miller Genuine Draft from their plant in Hayville, GA as AC's new brew of choice.

And on a final note, all the restaurants that used to be any good have traded ownership with the lousy ones and the list of "where to eat" should be according adjusted. Antojitos is now closed for breakfast...for all you know.

That's all the news that is news. Kind of. wink

#172770 - 02/04/05 09:53 PM Re: Friday news round-up
GAY AND DAVID Offline
you couldn't even give the san pedro social club a lil plug??? surely we are newsworthy.

#172771 - 02/04/05 09:57 PM Re: Friday news round-up
captjeff Offline
lol.all the news thats fit to print..you do have a gift and flair with the words think I wet myself..

#172772 - 02/04/05 10:02 PM Re: Friday news round-up
Except for this, just in:

The San Pedro Social Club announced the semi-opening of their new web site at http://www.sanpedrosc.org/. At least we're pretty sure that's it. Seems the president, Ernie "Which Way Did I Go?" B. has given several versions of the address, blaming his stumbling about on a bad jar of mayonnaise.

It's well worth a visit. You can join the club, pay your dues, make a donation, purchase raffle tickets, get directions to the partee (just kiddin' 'bout that one) and see pictures of people you'd never be caught dead with unless you were blindingly inebriated.

Glad I didn't forget about that.

And that, dear readers, is a wrap.

#172773 - 02/04/05 10:17 PM Re: Friday news round-up
GAY AND DAVID Offline
yellow journalism, no pee pee pun intended for capt jeff.

& i wanted to be president (in a whining voice while stomping my foot very hard)

you don't have to be BLINDLY inebriated to stand us. give us a try, come on. you can stand us. we are a damn fun croud.

#172774 - 02/04/05 10:29 PM Re: Friday news round-up
I was just hoping I'd spelled "drunk" correctly. I'm not going to try ini...inne...oh, whatever...again.

Isn't yellow journalism what you get from reading really old newspapers?

#172775 - 02/04/05 11:26 PM Re: Friday news round-up
CrackerLarry Offline
The ones the dogs used

#172776 - 02/04/05 11:44 PM Re: Friday news round-up
klcman Offline
Reef Ransom has been found!

#172777 - 02/05/05 12:38 AM Re: Friday news round-up
OneParticularHarbor Offline
any chance tiger is bring his new wife (topless)and that they will remember to clear customs?

#172778 - 02/05/05 01:13 AM Re: Friday news round-up
Chloe Offline
Congrats to Reef Cat, you sure know how to scratch out the news. Read like truth to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (lomckenna, Papa John, 2 invisible), 48 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,211 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.