Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#173061 - 02/09/05 07:31 PM Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
RobertE Offline
It's not quite a trip to Belize but I have to go to San Diego next month and was wondering if anyone knew of a Belizean Restaurant there.

Thanks !

#173062 - 02/09/05 07:55 PM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
Teenah Offline
Can I go Bobby? Can I? Can I?

#173063 - 02/09/05 09:59 PM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
RobertE Offline
Teenah - Sure you can. The wife can't take off cuz it is tax season. It's for a work conference. But all work and no play... Well you know how that goes. Guess I'll have to get my fill of food elsewhere if there aren't any places in San Diego wink

Guess i could always get a new tattoo while there at least

#173064 - 02/10/05 10:11 AM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
If you get a tattoo of a stewed chicken, red beans, and rice you will never again be away from Belizean food.

#173065 - 02/10/05 11:47 AM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
Barbara K Offline
I don't know about Belizean Restaurants but there are Great restaurants in San Diego. My favorites are World Famous (Pacific Beach) & Tratoria Fantastica (Little Italy).

#173066 - 02/10/05 12:48 PM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
LaurieMar Offline
Hey Robert: Being a born and raised Californian, from So. Calif: if you have time, check out Gas Lamp district (good restaurants and bars), Little Italy and Seaport Village is worth a stroll around.

#173067 - 02/10/05 03:51 PM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
RobertE Offline
Lauriemar - How goes it? I am staying in the Gaslamp and have meetings over by Seaport at the Convention Center.

I'm sure I'll run into your friend Jose ! I have a conference run by the evil Microsoft
Cult and have to go drink the Kool-Aid at their annual revival and feel good fest. At least my nights are free and I can stumble back from the Gas Lamp.

Barb - Thanks for the ideas. I have to take clients out so I will hit your recommends. World Famous looks like a great little secret.

I hope I can run down to Puerto Nuevo and get Lobster or I am sure some places in town will have it but the ambiance won't be the same

#173068 - 02/11/05 01:05 PM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
LaurieMar Offline
Robert: sounds like you have it covered. Do say hello to Jose for me. I haven't attended any soirees with him for weeks now. Guess I will have to make up for it in Belize this May!

My new adult beverage is a "Razzinator". Red Bull and Raspberry Vodka. Chilled, shaken and served as a generous shot.

Enjoy San Diego - a great town.

#173069 - 02/11/05 04:23 PM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
RobertE Offline
Laurie - I'll say hello to Jose for you this weekend. Have a friend's b-day at a restaurant where they hollow out the limes and make shot glasses out of them. Tastee !

Razzinators- hmmm maybe that's what I have manana.

#173070 - 02/13/05 01:17 AM Re: Any Belizean Restaurants in San Diego
LaurieMar Offline
Robert - if you know about a lobster meal in Puerto Nuevo, you are livin! I was just talking with a friend last night at dinner who is from San Diego about this very subject. Yum, a long lost favorite and Jose's stomping grounds.

The proximity from San Diego and the ambiance (of course), would make any client a happy camper! You could even stay down there at Rosarito Beach Hotel and hoof it back to the conference the next morning. . .no problemo and no mucho dinero.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 49 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.