Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#173455 - 03/01/05 07:04 PM Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
PattiCake Offline
You're missing a great blizzard! Biggest of the season and supposed to last at least three days. Actually it's not too bad in Bayfield but going to really whack Toronto.. Don't be too disappointed.

#173456 - 03/01/05 07:41 PM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
RICH GUY Offline
Patti

Thanks for putting a bigger smile on my face smile

There are 10 things i don't miss about Toronto, 9 of them is the snow!

#173457 - 03/02/05 09:19 PM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
PattiCake Offline
You're making me curious now, about the tenth reason.... animal, vegetable or mineral?

I remember moving to Toronto from Montreal and hating 3,766 things about Toronto. Hold that smile sweetie and give me the answer.

#173458 - 03/03/05 05:50 AM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
RICH GUY Offline
After long thought and serious deliberation, I considered the many reasons that could be #10.

Initially I thought of the women in my past, then considered the business partners that have taken me for a ride but then the phone rang right here in belize and I remembered what I had reserved #10 for.

And the #10 spot goes to......Ready for the drum roll?

CCRA! (IRS in the states, Tax Man in the jungle)

#173459 - 03/03/05 05:53 AM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
RICH GUY Offline
Wait a sec...you had 3,766 things to hate about Toronto?

Outside of TTC operators who don't give a crap about what's infront of them, I think Toronto is a great place! Well, if you don't mind the concrete and smog... wink

#173460 - 03/03/05 08:19 PM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
PattiCake Offline
When I first moved to TO from MTL, it was culture shock as the women downtown dressed very poorly. Women in MTL took great care to dress before leaving home - it's a big competition. And men in TO seemed so shy about everything - in MTL people on the street talk to each other, say goodday, and the men whistle and say cheeky things to women (in both official languages plus a few more). I thought I had taken an ugly pill, yet when I looked around, the other women cared nothing of their looks.

Generally the people (bank tellers, store clerks etc.) were very unfriendly. You had to go to a liquor store to buy liquor (Ontario's sooo uptight about that).

I was working for the Mtl Canadiens for four years before I left MTL, so that old competition, Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs, no doubt influenced my feelings too.

And I was deathly ill with homesickness...

#173461 - 03/04/05 02:48 PM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
GAY AND DAVID Offline
hi toronto folks,
i was clearing some old cob web memories & i just wanted to know if the action is still on young street?
when visiting, we used to go to a place called the golden nugget. some very serious booty shakin' happened there.

#173462 - 03/04/05 03:47 PM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
RICH GUY Offline
Not sure about the golden nugget, I live at Bay/Bloor area, which is just a block over. Lots of things happening, a few new condo's, uptown theatre was torn down last year and is a parking lot until a new condo goes in. The Theatre that used to be at Bellair and Bloor is now a the most expensive condo in the city with a Williams Sonoma and Roots store in there.

Patti...are you a habs fan? Have you switched? Funny enough I'm wearing my leafs t-shirt today! hahahah smile

#173463 - 03/04/05 04:58 PM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
PattiCake Offline
I can't quite remember... hockey.. what's hockey?? Oh yeah, that ice game people used to sometimes watch on tv..

I don't imagine this strike will devastate the sport, the way a lot of people never went back to baseball. Resentment toward the owners is high - support for the players is high..

OF COURSE I am Habs fan - I KNEW these guys. I worked with them, ate with them, ran their office and saw them when they didn't have their teeth in... I was younger, blonder etc. I can tell you some stories... learned to play golf...

Yeah I'm a Habs fan but I'm also a big Leafs fan... but this year I going to be a huge Jays fan. Spring training is here! (the Montreal 'xpos are gone.... )

#173464 - 03/04/05 05:16 PM Re: Thought I'd let Rich Guy know..
PattiCake Offline
Gay and David;

Am pretty sure they tore that joint down, the Golden Nugget. That area of Yonge Street became quite "rough" - Gerrard St. was the intersection methinx, quite a stroll from Rich Guy's neighbourhood.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,036 Topics
462,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.