Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#173606 - 03/08/05 03:53 PM I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
Wicktrimmer Offline
My hubby and I just returned from a week on AC. Stayed at The Belizean Shores. We wanna go back next spring and take our 3 lil girls. Anyone out there wanna rent their condo for a week? My kids are housebroken and have no criminal records. Honestly, what a place.....you guys that do have homes there...you are incredibly blessed.

#173607 - 03/08/05 07:34 PM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
RMT Offline
Hi Wick,

Just HAD to ask...where in Nova Scotia are you from? I was born/have family on Cape Breton Island.

I'm sure your girls will have a great time. We have taken our 9 year old son three times and he loves it! Normally we would be heading there this time of year but instead we are off to Ireland in a week. We hope to be back in AC next winter.
How are you adjusting to be being back to reality after your trip?? <sigh> It's hard! Will there be a trip report I hope??
smile Rhonda

#173608 - 03/09/05 01:45 PM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
Wicktrimmer Offline
Hello Rhonda!

I am from Yarmouth, NS and I came home to subzero temperatures and freezing rain and sleet. I have been back for 72 hours and already I am feeling the need to return. It is very hard to get back into the grind after spending a week in slow motion! My girls are 6, 11 and 13. Would they ever have loved it there! Is there a special place for me to post a trip report or will any of these boards do?

#173609 - 03/09/05 05:29 PM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
RMT Offline
Awww ok I know where Yarmouth is. That's where you can get the ferry to cross over to CB right? If it's any comfort we are experiencing the same extreme cold here as well BUT spring is just around the corner so hang in there!

Just go ahead and post your report right on here. I'm sure everyone would love to read it. There have been many who have posted. I look forward to it! Rhonda smile

#173610 - 03/09/05 08:51 PM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
CHOOCHOO Offline
Wick,

This forum would do just fine. Can't wait to read it since we witnessed a lot of it. Ya just never know do ya, eh?

#173611 - 03/09/05 09:21 PM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
Wicktrimmer Offline
Yarmouth is where one can get the Cat ferry over to Bar Harbour, Maine. I used to live in North Sydney though!

Ill make sure my trip report gets posted here. Any other "Bluenosers" out there?

#173612 - 03/09/05 09:39 PM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
wannaBEthere Offline
Hey “WT”

I'm a "Bluenoser" or at least use to be, from the other side though. I grew up in "Ba Haba" and my dad worked in the ferry office when it was the "old" bluenose, he's 82 now, so that was a while ago. We use to go ovah on it every fall, that was our vacation. We would ride the ferry ovah (free ya know) and drive back. Beautiful countryside. Husband and I visited San Pedro for the first time last May, going again this year! We also stayed at the Belizean Shores (balcony was a great place for that first cup of coffee in the AM). This year we're trimming the budget just to be able to go, so will settle for less bells 'n whistles. All I need is a porch, sand, palm tree and ocean to feel truly blessed!

laugh

#173613 - 03/10/05 12:57 AM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
klcman Offline
Bar Harbor, no "u's" - its in the US wink

#173614 - 03/10/05 03:32 AM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
wannaBEthere Offline
Heyyyy ... when did they move the border? Oh man, ya leave the state for a spell, and they go and move the border on ya.

eek

#173615 - 03/10/05 03:44 AM Re: I WANNA GO BAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!
NYgal Offline
and they take away the "u's" smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,275 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.