Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#174479 - 03/20/05 02:47 PM Made my day!
Hon Offline
So, I'm sitting here at the computer minding my own business, checking email, catching up on my favourite bulletin boards.

Hubby comes lurking up behind me (stop right there and get your mind out of the gutter) peeks over my shoulder and sees 'Ambergris Caye and Belize' He says sweetly "Why don't we go back there next January?" laugh laugh laugh

What a way to start the day!!! Wheeee!!!

Hon

#174480 - 03/21/05 01:59 PM Re: Made my day!
PattiCake Offline
Too bad he didn't say, "Why don't we go there next week"!
Do you take your passport, hon? Everone needs a passport I guess. Mine is expired and they are making me go through the gauntlet to renew. Geez, it's not as if they don't know who I am... my old passport exists. And to try to get a birth certificate out of the Quebec government... in french correspondence no less which is not an issue for me but they are so slow...

#174481 - 03/21/05 03:07 PM Re: Made my day!
Hon Offline
But next week I won't have won the Xanadu prize in the SPSC raffle wink

Because you have to connect in the States, you do NEED a passport. I saw a Canadian woman trying to get through customs/security in Charlotte NC without one...talk about a gauntlet! She was at the kiosk for at least 20 minutes and then was ushered off to another room for gawd knows what. eek

Although it could happen anyway, for any number of reasons, I think you're better off jumping through the hoops here rather than appear to be a security risk in the USA just because you don't have a passport.

Hon

#174482 - 03/21/05 06:34 PM Re: Made my day!
SimonB Offline
No passport, no entry into Belize, no exceptions (and it must have 6 months remaining until expiry).

One of our clients were told by their travel agent that they could use their birth certificates (US), two of the group used their passports and were enjoying the beach as of Saturday afternoon, the remaining 5 are still sitting in Texas trying to get their passports renewed.

#174483 - 03/21/05 08:02 PM Re: Made my day!
Hon Offline
As far as I know, the woman was never in Belize. From hearing the escalating argument, I was under the impression that she had driven to Mexico, had car trouble and was attempting to fly back to Toronto. How she got into Mexico or got on a plane leaving Mexico destined for an American airport without a passport, I don't know. I do know that she was definitely not getting out of Charlotte without muchos hassles.

Hon

#174484 - 03/22/05 05:06 AM Re: Made my day!
PattiCake Offline
In all seriousness I would NEVER leave the country (Canada) now without a passport. The hassles are just not worth it. And I plan to have medical insurance safely in place too, even though theoretically our Canadian coverage is enough. I think that is baloney and have heard some horror stories.

Guess terrorism has its lessons.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Judyann H., BrownDogs, azbob, steeplejack, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,314 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.