Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17565 01/08/04 02:18 PM
T
tofino Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We may be staying in San Ignacio and wondering if there are any tour operators for Tikal in town. If so, any websites, phone numbers? What might be rates for a full day to Tikal and for a two day (one night) tour there. Thanks in advance.

tofino

tofino
#17566 01/08/04 09:44 PM
Hi Tofino,

We just returned from San Ignacio. There are several tour operators offering trips to Tikal. We stayed at Crystal Paradise and took a full day tour to Tikal the day after we arrived with no prior arrangements. I think it was $85. Their website is
www.crystalparadise.com

Also try Maya Walk Adventures. www.mayawalk.com

Their tours are a few dollars cheaper, I believe. Both are quite good.

We also took a tour through Crystal Paradise to a ruin called Caracol. We went on a Monday and we were the only group there. Imagine a huge ruin with only 10 people there. The reason being, I believe, is it is a 3 hour drive (almost) down a rutted dirt road. But it was well worth it. The drive in itself was an adventure. We almost liked Caracol better than Tikal and our tour guide was very knowledgeable as he had lived and worked on the site in the early 90's. They will be paving the road soon so it won't be long until the world arrives at Caracol's doorstep.

#17567 01/09/04 10:48 AM
History indicates that Caracol ruled Tikal for a time. A very interesting site.

#17568 01/20/04 03:12 AM
S
S
I just spent two nights in the Tikal park at Jaguar Inn ($52US a night) with my two kids.

Mayawalk shuttled us from San Iggy with others on a day-tour for $60US and made a special trip to get us on our third day for $80US.

Day tours can be had "same day". Overnight in the park need to arranged in advance with the shuttle arranged on the day you need to travel.

One day at tikal is better than not at all. Two nights allowed us the time to relax, explore and see things more than once in a rushed mode.

Tikal will not disappoint your effort. It's a must.

Enjoy, Jeff

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.