Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
we will be in belize for 12 days in august, taking bus from belize city to san ignacio then are spending time in placencia and caye caulker - is there bus service from san ignacio to placencia and what is the best way to get from placencia to caye caulker - thanks

Yes, you can take a bus from San Ignacio to Placencia, but it is a fairly longish trip, since you'll have to change buses in Belmopan and again in Dangriga. There are as I recall only two buses a day that go from Dangriga to Placencia directly, so you have to schedule your trip to make those connections.

From Placencia to Caulker you can bus back to Belize City and take a water taxi or fly, or you can fly from Placencia to municipal and fly/water taxi to Caulker, or a combination.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
M
M
colsun62,
I don't know what your budget is like but I think renting a car for that trip is worth it. You're on your own schedule and you get to see things that are missed on a bus. Also the busses (and bus drivers) are, to be kind, a little scary.

When I took the bus from Belize City to Belmopan
I did not find the trip scary.

Exciting yes, scary no.

But thats just me.

Steve

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
S
S
It's all about your budget.

Novelos (the bus) is no problem for those who have the time and are comfortable with it. It does eat up a whole day or more. Take the express bus when ever you can. Seating is reserved and they don't cram 4+ people in a seat built for two.

No regrets, I enjoyed my Novelo experiences (breakdowns and all).

Jeff

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.