Fido's

Dinner:
Casa Picasso (2)
Blue Water (3)
El Patio (2)
Victoria House
Mango's
Caliente

Snorkeled Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan with Ramon's and Searious took us to Tres Cocos and Mexico Rocks. Both were great.

Did our first diving outside of class and local lake here. We went with Robbie from Chuck and Robbie's ( web page ) This is a smaller company and they are great.

Rented a golf cart for a day a explored the north part of the island (while it flooded) up to Captain Morgan's. Stopped at Palapa Bar.

Went to Victoria House for dinner and watched the croc feeding on the way.

Went to Caye Caulker for the day. Did what most people do when they go there - Walk around, snorkel, get wasted at Lazy Lizard , get back on the wrong water taxi and go to Belize City where you get to sit for another 30 minutes and then go back to Caye Caulker and finally home to Ambergris Caye. You have to try this trip, it was awesome.

All of the restaurants were great. It rained the last three days but it wasn't bad. I snorkeled around Ramon's pier a few times - nice variety of fish.

Things that were good:
Most everything

Things that may bother some people:

-Ruby's breakfast got more expensive each day even though we ordered the same thing (it was still cheap though)

-Fido's charged $17 for three beers (lighthouse) and a juice alcohol drink.

-we got offered the bud, good stuff, weed about 489 times a day. (this was funny to me, but if I had teenagers or something it probably would not be funny)

-the kids selling beads and the women selling table cloth things apparently don't look at your face because they ask you to buy stuff like if you walk by and then walk back by one minute later.

Pictures

web page

#1773 06/15/06 01:18 AM
Cool!!

Had a real good chuckle thinking of you guys taking the wrong water taxi with a buzz on.

As for the kids and women selling things, I believe they keep asking because people change their minds . . or maybe they get worn down, I dunno, but it works often enough that they keep doing it.

When last I was down, the ladies asked me as I passed by about 4 times in an hour. Then they would start to ask me a couple of times, but I'd smile and raise my hand in that way that says "no, stop". The next day, they asked me once, I smiled and raised my hand in that way. They barely bothered me for the rest of the week, though we would still smile at one another. And so after that, there would just be false starts until they recognized me.

But you know, there is one little quilt that I do like for my niece . . .if I'd shown the least sign of weakness, it probably would have ended up in my suitcase. Maybe next time. smile

Glad you had such a good time.

Betcha can't wait to get back.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#1774 06/15/06 03:56 AM
Nice pics and report, thanks for sharing.

#1775 06/15/06 07:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures - it's always fun to see someone else's perspective. smile

#1776 06/15/06 02:56 PM
X
Xoe Offline
X
Great photos -- some wonderful skies with beautiful cloud formations! Also, the best crocodile feeding photos I've yet seen. Thanks.

#1777 06/17/06 07:43 AM
Thanks for the photos. I especially enjoyed the one of Nito and Adolpho from Ramon's--my buddies. I will be there in a few weeks and will be doing the Palms/Ramon's thing as well. That's just about as good as life gets, eh? Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Sam

#1778 06/17/06 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Sam! Jealous but you're due - neice? when will you be there?

#1779 06/18/06 07:49 AM
Hi Law,
Yes, this is a girls' trip to San Pedro for some hardcore diving and merrymaking. We will be there from 7/6-13--just made our Tropic Air reservations, so now it's official! Enjoyed your trip report from your whirlwind weekend recently. We just can't seem to get enough. :-)
Sam

#1780 06/18/06 05:21 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time in Caye Caulker...

It is always a challenge to navigate the "drunken water taxi shuffle", you learned a good lesson. Here is some advice so others can avoid this pleasant diversion if they choose to:

- Ask where the boat is going, either the captain, the mate or other passengers are sure to know.
- If the boat came from the north, it is going south (to Belize City) and vice versa.
- If lots of people get off in Caye Caulker with bags, it means they are coming from the city, get on that boat.
- And even if the boat starts going in the wrong direction, SPEAK UP! Just blame it on your drunkeness... no big deal. They will either turn around back to the water taxi dock or drop you at the next convenient dock.

Glad you had fun, hopefully you can come back and spend some time with us on Caye Caulker.

#1781 06/23/06 08:12 AM
Great pictures! They almost made me feel like I was back there. When watching the crocodile feeding, did the crazy guy KISS the CROC?

ArtZ SmartZ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.