Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Humble1 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Does anyone have any insight as to how I might get to Ambergris Caye from Playa del Carmen, Mexico, whether it be private charter, boat, ????? I can get via air taxi from Playa del Carmen to Chetumal, Mexico, yet don't know how to get to Ambergris Caye from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
P.S. I'm trying to do this in as little time as possible.

Humble1...get on the ADO bus in Playa and go to Chetumal. Take a taxi to the border and into Corozal(or a bus). From Corozal you can take the water taxi or fly to San Pedro. I don't think anyone will charter you by air or boat to SP from Playa and you have to clear customs at some point. It will take about 4-5 hrs on the bus but it is WAY nicer than Greyhound! A little Spanish helps. If you need some more info let me know. cool

If you can fly to Chetumal it will be about 2hrs to get to SP if you fly from Corozal. Call Henry Menzies in Corozal to come get you in Chetumal.011-501-422-2725

yat Offline
That's excellent advice from reaper. I did the bus from Playa to Chetumal to Corozal and flew to the island from Corozal. It was all a nice ride but if time is of the essence then flying into Chetumal from Playa is the way to go. You will be in good hands if you can contact Henry. He'll take care of everything from Chetumal to the airport in Corozal.

H
Humble1 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally posted by reaper:
Humble1...get on the ADO bus in Playa and go to Chetumal. Take a taxi to the border and into Corozal(or a bus). From Corozal you can take the water taxi or fly to San Pedro. I don't think anyone will charter you by air or boat to SP from Playa and you have to clear customs at some point. It will take about 4-5 hrs on the bus but it is WAY nicer than Greyhound! A little Spanish helps. If you need some more info let me know. cool
Reaper, Thank you for your info. They(Aerosaab) wants $900US, plus airport taxes for the trip from Playa to Chetumal. I think I'll look into the bus(ADO). Thank you also for the info on Henry. Peace.

H
Humble1 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally posted by Humble1:
Originally posted by reaper:
[b] Humble1...get on the ADO bus in Playa and go to Chetumal. Take a taxi to the border and into Corozal(or a bus). From Corozal you can take the water taxi or fly to San Pedro. I don't think anyone will charter you by air or boat to SP from Playa and you have to clear customs at some point. It will take about 4-5 hrs on the bus but it is WAY nicer than Greyhound! A little Spanish helps. If you need some more info let me know. cool
Reaper, Thank you for your info. They(Aerosaab) wants $900US, plus airport taxes for the trip from Playa to Chetumal. I think I'll look into the bus(ADO). Thank you also for the info on Henry. Peace. [/b]
Yat, I must thank you also for the info. Would it be at all possible for you to give me the name, and/or contact info of the airline that took you from Corozal to San Pedro? Thanks again,,,How is it possible that a flight from Corozal to San Pedro would be 2 hours? It is only about 50 miles. Please help. Thanks again!!

K
K
tropic air flys corozal to san pedro- a 20min flight, but you have a taxi ride and customs to clear b4 the flight.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
H1...check out Tropic Air's website for schedule info, Corozal_San Pedro. If Henry picks you up in Chetumal it will take about 1 hour or so to get from the bus station to the border checkpoint and then the airport. Allow a little extra time with the bus schedule. There is some road construction and they can be a little late at times. And if you miss the last flight out you will have to stay in Corozal overnight. No Night flights in Belize. The last time I did the trip I took the overnite bus and got in to Corozal in time for a fantastic sunrise over the bay. Have a great adventure! cool

H1, I finally found Henry's business card. E-mail is [email protected] He will have all the answers to your travel needs. cool

H
Humble1 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Much thanks to you all! You guys are awesome! I wish I could hook up with you, so as to buy you a few cold ones when we arrive. Either way, I am grateful. Once again, Thank you from Colorado.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.