Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Badco Offline OP
OP Offline
Two weeks ago we booked the Tropic Air tour from San Pedro to Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. Our guide was an archaeologist named Mark McField. This was far and away THE best interior tour I have ever had the pleasure of being part of. He is so knowlegeable, not only of the sites mentioned, but the flora and fauna as well. We had lunch at Clarissa Falls, a place I would have driven past and never seen otherwise. It has a great history all it's own and the food is not to be missed, just wonderful. His tour company is ALUX ECO (pronounced AL-OOSH) and his cell # in belize is 223-2130. He also does tours of Lamanai, Tikal,& Caracol as well as the caves, zoo, and Mountian Pine Ridge.This wonderful day trip included the round trip flight from San Pedro, transportation to the sites, lunch, and admission to both parks. Don't miss this one.

CND Offline
did you have the black soup at Clarissa Falls Yummy cool

BadCo, this sounds like a very interesting tour, and it sounds like you had the best guide. Where do you fly into when you do this trip? I am not knowledgeable on inland Belize. I suppose I could look on the Tropic Air site. Were you assigned Mark, or found him once you got there? I was just wondering if he could be requested when the tour is booked.

G
G
Mark is a great guide and based in Belize City so if you arranged a tour directly with him, you could fly into Belize Municipal and he would meet you at the airtstrip and return you back to catch your flight once the tour is done. This would be my choice as it would allow more time with the guide/driver to experience Belize.
However, you could also fly to BC and then on to the Cayo district and meet a guide there. Ruins in that area are Caracol, Xunantunich, El Pilar & Cahal Pech.
CND, Clarissa does make a great relleno and chimole (the black soups!).

Badco Offline OP
OP Offline
CND, no, I had the Serra soup. It was just wonderful & I wish I could find the receipe.

Doberman, you fly into municipal. Do look on the Tropic site tours. I was luckily assigned mark.

Gail, mark lives near municipal in Belize City so to meet him there and drive over gave us time to chat and get a great overview of the changing terrain. You go from mangrove, to savanna, to the jungle. Was just the best.

I'll be eating that black soup very soon and am so looking forward to it!

E
E
What is the black soup made of? Sounds intriguing.

S
S
Delicious chimole at Mickeys on Middle St.
Recipe:
http://belize.centramerica.com/recetas/level1a.asp?Id=472

Wow, thanks Jesse!

Badco Offline OP
OP Offline
Great website. Make the fish serra, it is just soooo good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.