Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#17915 - 03/29/04 07:22 AM Beaches?
ronplatinum Offline
I took my wife and kids to the Mayan Riviera and Cozumel last year and loved the beaches. I have heard the beaches in Belize are not that great when compared to those on the Mayan Riviera or Cozumel - any opinions or input?

#17916 - 03/29/04 05:17 PM Re: Beaches?
Chloe Offline
Beaches in Belize get a bad rap IMHO. I love the white sand.

I live on the Gulf of Mexico coast USA, our beaches have sand dunes, and the hotel/resorts are built further back from the shoreline. Useable beach is not all that wide.

Beaches around Florida in most areas are about the same width as Belize. Hotels/resorts are built close to shoreline.

Difference being, the hotel/resorts in Belize have beach sand as walk ways, and courtyards, where in other places, the hotel/resort property is totally concrete.

Sand gets very hot, at least in Belize you can tip toe to the water's edge quickly.

#17917 - 03/29/04 06:47 PM Re: Beaches?
Barbara K Offline
I think the beaches are very comparable to Cozumel's. Not as wide and long as Cancun or Akumal but still very nice and larger & wider in some spots than others. Same fine white sand.

#17918 - 03/29/04 10:59 PM Re: Beaches?
Jack and Rose Offline
I have been going to Cozumel every year for several. I have only been to AC in Belize. Are you saying the beaches on AC are comparable to the ones in Cozumel???? The beaches in Cozumel are far superior to the ones on AC. Don't get me wrong,I loved San Pedro & the whole Island,but beaches are not the draw there.

The best one we saw was at Banyan Bay Resort.

#17919 - 03/29/04 11:04 PM Re: Beaches?
Jack and Rose Offline
Hey Babs, I am only having a little fun but I looked at your profile & low and behold you run a travel agency the specialty is Belize!! Of course you are ging to say AC'S beaches are comparable to Cozumel!!! I guess we all have to make a living
and promotion is half the battle.

#17920 - 03/29/04 11:38 PM Re: Beaches?
KWIBMF Offline
Never been to Placencia, but I hear the beaches are pretty nice. If the comparison is between AC and Cozumel, I'd have to agree with J & R.

#17921 - 03/30/04 03:36 AM Re: Beaches?
KBG Offline
From my experience, I have been to Mexico beaches many of them, wide white sand and heavy surf, SP has narrower beaches in most places and some water grass with smooth water, Plancencia, and I have been there several times also, has very remote and sometimes beautiful beaches with wide white/gold sand, heavy surf and sometimes placid. So don't count Belize out unless you are looking for the crowds and action of Cancun. If you are realy into beautiful beaches check out Belize, and No I am not a travel agent and do not own property in Belize. laugh laugh laugh KBG

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 39 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.