Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#17965 04/03/04 12:07 PM
Right, I didn't realize I was living such a "harsh" life. Hopefully this will get me a little sympathy from some of you people. frown

If I make comments that might seem a little harsh to some of you, you need to take into consideration these conditions under which I live. :p

#17966 04/03/04 12:15 PM
Aw Bywarren, now we know how HARSH it is for you, we will cut you some slack...hey get some rest today on the beach.

Dare To Deviate
#17967 04/03/04 12:22 PM
Just so we are not totally off the subject, Maruba Resort often serves the water buffalo on their menue . And, I am on my way back to the beach tomorrow. Uncle Sam likes me to come back around this time of year and send him a little correspondence. It is nice to know he misses me and likes to keep in touch. laugh

#17968 04/03/04 01:00 PM
In Texas it is Beefalo on the menu.

We do digress often, but that keeps the topic alive.

Bywarren glad you are keeping intouch with IRS, they love you.

Dare To Deviate
#17969 04/03/04 01:16 PM
Not to be nit picky here, but beefalo is a cross between the American bison and a cow in the attempt to add a little more flavor to the meat.
http://www.ababeefalo.org/

I eat the water buffalo at Maruba and eat the bison often when in South Dakota. We are close to indian reservations in South Dakota that raise them for the meat. In my opinion, both are very lean and therefore healthy. Buffalo meat in SD is about half again as much in price and has about half the flavor of a good beef steak, IMHO. The added cost and less flavor is why it has not been extremely successful for those raising it. It is still hard to beat a nice fatty beef steak for flavor.

There are just not enough of you willing to lead the "harsh" life like me, living on the beach and eating healthy. laugh Now for you that have graced me with your presence at one of my BBQ's, we can keep a little secret about the healthy part, right? wink

PS: for those of you who have met Capt Jeff, he used to weigh 160lbs and did mens underware commercials before he met me and came to my BBQ. laugh

And if anyone is reading this that raises buffalo, I should say that I have eaten declicious buffalo meat - wrapped in bacon and swiming in bearnaise sauce.

#17970 04/03/04 04:36 PM
Bywarren thanks for the website on beefalo.

Friends of Friend have a herd in the Texas hill country.

Dare To Deviate
#17971 04/03/04 06:51 PM
Yes, that's what we have nearby us too.

They've been hiding from my camera for a few days. They have a huge grazing area and many hills and trees to hang out.
Babies are darling.

Mister 'Beefalo' is certainly the head of the herd. He will turn his face from the camera. Shy, or maybe he is wanted by the camera police smile

#17972 04/03/04 10:03 PM
or maybe he wants to moon ya eek

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#17973 04/03/04 11:05 PM
KBG Offline
AS SO MANY THREADS GO,
The Essene Way, North of Captain Morgans, Is indeed owned by some group claiming to be followers of the Essene way. Somewhat pervetered from the Biblical group I think. This is a thread that has combined two thoughts. Maybe my fault. We were "talking" about Rancho Luna a large jungle ranch in the Orange Walk area owned by one Mr. Leonards. This ranch has a very large population of water buffalo that ended up there by default when unable to move on to the U.S. It appears tha Mr. Leonards is a follower of some type of "cult" based on some several hundred year confused confused confused old "saint". The ranch is surrounded with icons of this cult. We were discussing that this is simmilar to the statuary that surrounds the "Essene Way" compound on SP just north of Captain Mortans Resort. You need to view both to get a picture.

#17974 04/04/04 05:17 AM
Your right, I almost acted too hastily. "Harsh" sounded good. "Cult", who knows, might even be better. I will await further info. confused

PS: Do you think this "several hundred year old saint" might consider me as one of his desciples after seeing my picture? It would be nice to go in with a little seniority in case there was anything like virgins involved. wink

PPS: Now before any of you perverts wake up this morning and jump on this, we are not talking virgin buffalo here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.