Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RobertE Offline OP
OP Offline
I was hoping to contact to Austin Rodriguez the drum maker in Dangriga about a drum. I was hoping to pick one up coming back from Tobacco Caye on my way to Ambergris Caye and wanted to make sure he had some ready that are close to what I am looking for. Searched the BTL phone book and no phone number.

Thanks,

Robert

Try this 011-501-502-3752. If it's not him, it's one of his relations. I picked up a drum from him a few years back.

RobertE Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Barb!

I've want to reserve or put an order in for one. How has your's held up? I just worry about Denver being so dry and the wood cracking. I've had mixed luck with with carvings I have brought back.

FYI, I have had friends that took carvings back to less humid conditions which can cause the wood to crack unless it has time to "adjust". What works with the carvings is to put them in a plastic bag with a slice of apple. The apple gives off enough moisture to allow the wood to dry out more slowly and adjust to the less humidity, sort of a transition period from 100% humidity and 100 degrees to probably 20% and 10 degrees in the midwest in winter. You open the bag a little more every couple days. Now I do not know about your drum. That might take a garbage bag and a watermellon. laugh Seriously, it works.

PS:, it needs to put in the bag before leaving Belize. It is just like your skin once you get on that airplane, it starts drying out and cracking.

No cracks at all and it is as dry as it gets here in El Paso. Mine is of "mayflower" wood - maybe that makes a difference. I have had it for 4 or 5 years.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.