Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
We love food and I've heard wonderful things from this message board about the local fixins. Any reccomendations on some great dinner and lunch spots in Placencia for our May honeymoon? We're staying at the Turtle Inn - does anyone know how long the bike ride is between the resort and town? Can we walk? (We're hikers and are used to long ones... not to mention we live in SF and walk everywhere here too.)
Thank you!!
-Jody

Walk (almost) next door to the restaurant at Kitty's Place for Sunday Pebil, and good tasting food at a really fair price in a realy fab "Old Belize" atmosphere - all day every day (open from 7 am til 10 pm every day).
The bike ride from Turtle Inn to the village is maybe 7 minutes. Walking to the village on the beach is lovely - you can get a good work-out sand-walking and then feel justified in having the extra large portion of fried chicken at Cozy Corner.
I once lived in SF (and Marvelous Marin for a decade of good walks) - the big differences between there and here .........
In Belize you may be wet but you are rarely cold; In Belize everybody meets your eye as you pass - they smile and say hi. In SF the coffee is better - UNLESS you buy Gallon Jug (local) and brew it yourself fresh gound and strong -------- GJ has more smooth buzz and better taste than Starbucks. Try it.
Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Be happy and stay in love.
wink

I would try "De Thatch" restaurant on the beach. They have a great shrimp dinner and nice atmosphere right on the beach. It's a nice walk from Turtle Inn.

WE ATE AT A WONDERFUL ITALIAN RESTURANT IN FEB. DON'T RECALL THE NAME BUT JUST SOUTH ON THE WALK FROM DE THATCH- I BELIVE TURTLE IN ALSO HAS A VERY UPSCALE ITALIAN RESTURANT BUT HAVE'NT EATEN THERE.DITO ON THE CHICKEN AND CONCH FRITTERS AT COZY CORNER.WE HAVE ENJOYED THE FOOD AND SERVICE AT THE GALLEY- IT'S BESIDE THE SOCER FIELD. GREAT BREAKFAST AT THE PURPLE SPACE MONKEY. PLEASE TRY A LUNCH AT PICKLED PARROT OR A LIGHT DINNER AND TELL THE GANG THE GRAFFICES FROM OHIO MISS THEM AND CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN. WE LOVE PLACENCIA AND CERTAINLY WISH YOU THE BEST ON YOUR UPCOMING ADVENTURE TO BZE

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
The Italian Restaurant next to De Tatch is called Trattoria Placencia and is very good with homemade pasta.

R
R
Try a place called Wendy's in Placencia town. We also stayed at the Turtle Inn. The food there is excellent but I wouldn't exactly call it a taste of Belize. Wendy's has great food and the people (as usual in Belize) are very friendly.

J
OP Offline
J
Excellent! Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. We really appreciate it. It's hard to imagine we'll be there in less than 1 month from today!

Actually I think it's spelled Wende. She's had the Pickled Parrot for years. And of course Placencia is a village, not a town. (Belize has cities, towns and villages, designations based on population.)

Trattoria Placencia serves great homemade pasta.

The new owners at Luba Hati are doing a good job with the restaurant there.

If you get a hankering for things like grilled lobster, New York strip and good wine, it's hard to beat Robert's Grove, which has its own wine cellar.

I agree with Diane -- Kitty's restaurant is always a good choice. By the way, the owners of Mariposa next door to Kitty's are refugees from Marin County.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
And of course for cheap food, mostly Creole, Omar's is well known.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
And if you're up toward Maya Beach, Mangos is still good.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.