Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lgca Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Just got back from a great trip to Belize -- but have some recommendations for visitors to the Cayo area. We stayed at Chaa Creek last week. It was extremely hot -- the fan in the room was not sufficient to cool it down at night and there was no pool. It is a pretty resort, but the food and drinks are extremely expensive, and they charge a big premium for tours. I probably would not recommend a stay there, at least in such hot weather, and definitely not if you are budget conscious. Be sure not to bring any food into your room, since cockroaches are a problem -- check your suitcases for them upon return. The highlight of Cayo for us was the visit to Xunantunich. We also went to Baboon Sanctuary -- probably not worth the extra trip (and heat) unless you are really dying to see monkeys. We saw some there, but they were not plentiful. Have fun, and bring your insect repellent!

thx for that heads up

23 Days and counting down! We are going very close to there and were wondering about the heat as well. Just how hot was it during the day, and at night? I don't think we even have a fan in our room.

Never mind. I found it. Looks like average high is 93.4 (with high humidity) and average low is 69.8. I think I'm going to need a few Belikins.

Its extremely hot right now. In my opinion April/May and Sept/Oct are the hottest months in Belize.

Just to put things in a broader perspective, I've stayed at Chaa Creek many times over the past 12 or 14 years and have always enjoyed my stays immensely. Mick and Lucy do a wonderful job.

As silkpainter notes, April and May are usually the heart of "dry season" months in Belize and the hottest months of the year (though weather patterns have been screwy of late and you never know).

I personally prefer late summer in Cayo, when everything is green and lush and occasionally cooled by seasonal rains, or in the winter when it's often cool enough at night for a blanket.

When it's really hot, the Pine Ridge is always an alternative. The 3,000 ft. elevations are considerably cooler and less humid.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
A
A
We also just returned from Chaa Creek but have a very different impression. Yes it was very hot during the day and you would definitely want to stay in the shade, but I thought it was very comfortable at night. The grounds are beautiful, the people who work there are very pleasant and there are activities such as bird watching hikes, night hikes, a butterfly farm and a nature center that are free. As far as cooling off, we swam in the river every day. We loved it there. Yes it was expensive but we knew that going in and only stayed for 3 days.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.