Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#180781 - 07/01/05 07:56 AM I owe...
Denny Shane Offline
Everyone an apology. I have always conducted business in an open manner, sometimes to my own fault. I especially owe Ernie and Beth and the entire SPSC and the out-going board an apology for my comments, emails, etc. over the past days and weeks.

After receiving some eye opening emails from both Ernie and Beth, luckily I had my monthly Doctor's appointment last night at the VA. They always want a progress report, what I've been doing, etc.

I printed out everything that has been transpiring, not only about the SPSC but other things in my personal life.

As you all know I had a 2nd stroke not long ago... a little more severe than the first one. They put me on a new medication about 2 or 3 weeks ago.. I'm still not sure what it's suppose to do... but when the Doctor's saw what I had been up to... they knew something was wrong... particularly knowing my past actions.

They immediately began a few tests... it didn't take long to see the problem. I was taking the wrong dosage... not their fault, but mine. I did not read the label correctly. I had turned into a modern day Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

"Well Ollie, here's another fine mess you've gotten us into"

They said I was over-dosing my new medication and it had the effect one me of being... ummm let's say "grouchy".

However, they said the new, correct dosage would take 2 weeks to even itself out. They decided to give me an injection of God knows what last night. Apparently it is an accelerator or something that will bring my system up to speed almost immediately. They said in 6 to 8 hours.

I woke up this morning and could feel the change within me immediately. So this morning, once I had my coffee, I went back and re-read many emails that I've sent out. "Holy Shit" was my reaction. No wonder people think I am a kookie bird and hate me.

This is an attempt to right what has been wronged. To Ernie and Beth I apologize again, for some of my emails. In one way I am saddened at what has been caused... BUT looking at it in a positive vein... It was this SPSC situation that discovered and high-lighted what was happening to me.

I hope people understand that I am not a vindictive person, nor have I ever been (well, except for the past few weeks anyway)

I promise from here on out to read every prescription bottle I have much more carefully... and if I start acting strange or goofy, I give Ernie complete permission to knock me in the head.

Again friends, I am sorry if I upset you... eek

#180782 - 07/01/05 10:36 AM Re: I owe...
travelqueen Offline
You're a good guy Denny... and you are forgiven. smile

#180783 - 07/01/05 01:05 PM Re: I owe...
Ernie B Offline
It takes a real man to stand before his peers and present himself in this manner. Denny, when we first met about 2 years ago, I thought to myself, this man seems like a stand up guy. Someone I could relate to in many ways. I knew, in my heart, that there must be some explanation for the way things were going. I am extreamly happy that your doctors found that reason and have taken steps to correct it and return to us the Denny we love and respect.

I "WILL" take you up on your offer to pop you a good one if you screw up your meds again ! laugh

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#180784 - 07/01/05 01:15 PM Re: I owe...
Denny Shane Offline
Actually, I knew something was wrong when I found myself actually liking my ex-wife and her mother. It was then that I knew I needed help! :rolleyes:

But seriously, I do appreciate Beth's comments to me in email and your comments Ernie as well as Shannon's above. eek

#180785 - 07/01/05 02:56 PM Re: I owe...
Now Danny Offline
Denny, good advice that everyone should heed. 35 yrs. ago when Jeanie was about to give birth to Janelle she saw her dr. and he gave her script for something and it was take 1 every 4 hr. She thought it was 4 every hr. After 8 hrs. it was the fastest dilivery ever with Janelle being a preme with jaundice. Ya gota read and think about what you read. Bye for now, D. cool

#180786 - 07/01/05 03:37 PM Re: I owe...
CrackerLarry Offline
You're a good man, Denny Shane. I've never met you, but your posts always reflect character.

#180787 - 07/01/05 03:38 PM Re: I owe...
CrackerLarry Offline
That was supposed to say "good character". A rare commodity nowadays.

#180788 - 07/01/05 03:39 PM Re: I owe...
RI Beth Offline
Hi Denny:

Sure glad you found out about this before it caused serious damage to your health.

Know from experience with family members that improper dosage or interactions can have quite dramatic results.

Take care.

(not the same Beth referred to in Denny's post)

#180789 - 07/01/05 06:56 PM Re: I owe...
Denny Shane Offline
danny, interesting story! laugh eek

Larry, thank you for the kind words buddy eek

oh yes, RI Beth... you see what happened on here, imagine what I caused within my family! lol eek

#180790 - 07/01/05 08:58 PM Re: I owe...
PattiCake Offline
Denny, my man. You've got to look after yourself.

It will take me 20 years (and MANY, many french fries) to save up money to get to Houston to see you. Hang on there, sloopy!

(P.S. I cleared it with everybody if you need to swear, Denny, so go ahead and do it if you want to, do it, do it till you're satisfied..)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.