Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#180956 07/07/05 08:11 AM
OP Offline
As you probably already have heard, there was a major set of explosions in London's Tube today and on at least one double-decker bus. What can one say at a time like this?

I know the terrorists will not succeed in disrupting liberty for all peoples of the world, it's just a shame that we have to go through this once again. I know Bush has stated to countries of the world, "you are with us or against us."

I think the statement should now be "you either help us find these cowards, or we will find you ." And then, REALLY go after these people.... not like whatever we're doing with bin Laden and this other kook in Iraq, whatever his name is. mad

The time for these countries harboring and aiding these people is over. As General Santa Ana proclaimed during the seige of the Alamo in San Antonio, "No quarter"

No quarter indeed.

#180957 07/07/05 08:30 AM
Yes, so sorry indeed. You won't get any political statements here, just concern for those in the UK. Hope all is okay with those who participate in this board.

#180958 07/07/05 08:30 AM
mad

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
#180959 07/07/05 09:08 AM
A
A
Dear Chris,

Kent and I are watching the news and wanted to let you know how sorry we are, is Gina okay?

Kent's sister is fine, Taylor was in London last week but is back in Canada.

Our thoughts go out to you and to both Peters, and all the Expats, hope everyones friends and families are safe.

Laurie and Kent

#180960 07/07/05 10:36 AM
I think that the culprits will be quickly apprehended as London has thousands of CCTV cameras all over london in fact there is one camera for every 30 people so once they have handled the immediate injured and got things under control they will be sifting through the CCTV tapes and I am sure we will see quick results.

I am currently in europe and it seems that the emergency services in London have handled the emergency flawlessy very efficient and proffesional cudo's to them.

The british are very resilient and have experience living with the threat of a terrorist attacks from the old IRA situation.

prayers are with those that are affected.

Gaz Cooper

#180961 07/07/05 11:08 AM
Great Britain made an admirable stance after 9/11 and sent in their James Bondy-type cracker SAS (the cute guys that are smart) to find Bin Laden.

I think they made an even greater effort than any of the other allies. And terrorism is something that we all shall defeat.

Travelling (flying) TO and FROM Florida from Canada last month, ME, a little ol' blonde girl with Mary Poppins luggage,was subjected to everything EXCEPT a body cavity search.

I was impressed and thought, Geez, if I plan to become a terrorist (I presently am an assassin, disguised as a chef) I will make sure Osama buys me a big car to cross the border.

I doubt if this event is IRA-related. And am grateful it wasn't closer to the G8.

My prayers and strength is with those poor folks too.

#180962 07/07/05 11:19 AM
IT definatley is not IRA related a group out of egypt which is Al Quaida related has claimed responsibility I was just pointing out that Brits had lived with the threat of bombings for the past 30+ years not that it helps much when the reality of an attack hits home such as this one. I think all us Brits realized we were a target and while the British intelligence have thworted many attackes since 9-11 it was inevitable that one day we would be subjected to an attack such as today.

As they are saying when you target public bus transportation its almost impossible to check every person that gets on a bus.

Gaz

#180963 07/07/05 08:21 PM
S
S
The British are amazingly brave and resilient. They will continue to prevail and thrive. My fervent best wishes to them.

#180964 07/07/05 09:19 PM
I grew up in Oklahoma City and wept with anguished grief as I watched the live coverage of the bombing of the Murrah Bldg. and waited for my sister to call saying she was okay.

I watched again with tears streaming down my cheeks as the twin towers fell in smoke and rubble on 9/11 and my heart broke for those lost and their families.

When the bombings in Madrid happened I was gripped with fear because I was in Japan and a long, long way from home and again I cried and thought of the lost and their loved ones.

When I hear about the many terrorists attacks occuring all too frequently in Israel, Iraq, and too many other places around the world I shudder at the inhumane acts of humans.

This morning when I turned on the TV again I cried. When will it stop? How will it ever be brought to an end? I know this is probably not the proper forum for this but I couldn't resist posting this.

God forgive us all and may God protect us and soften our hearts to let us all live in peace together no matter what our political, religious, ethnic or personal beliefs. And above all we can never be less than adamantly vigilant against the vile scourge of terrorism and its evil-hearted perpetrators.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, our British friends. We know the depth of your loss, we feel the heaviness of your heart, and we have wept as you now weep. As we learned in Oklahoma City, "Our hearts are broken, but not our spirit. We will go on, we will survive."

We wish you healing and hopefully in time, a peaceful, forgiving heart.

#180965 07/07/05 10:05 PM
frown

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.