Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SBoyd1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My wife and I have two adult children (25 and 22). I've recently sold my advertising business and we're looking for a place to own/invest in an eco-resort. We've always been travelers so have internet searched four other countires but have been researching Belize like crazy because it really seems (or seemed) like a great place to invest, move to, enjoy a good quality of life, and give our family a new business to all work on together.

We're not rich but Belize seems (seemed) reasonable compared to other countries we've checked out.

But now I'm reading about the increased real estate transfer taxes and we're concerned.

I'd really like to know if we're heading toward a financial mistake albeit with a great lifestyle.

Thanks.

Is Belize still a good place for a Canadian entrepreneurial family to move to?
single choice
Belize is a good place for Canadians wanting to invest and live (63%, 5 Votes)
Belize is not a good place for Canadians wanting to invest and live (38%, 3 Votes)
Total Votes: 8
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
I have a question. Have you been to Belize yet?

S
S
Your own resort will cost you a minimum of a couple million US by the time you get everything up and running unless you're looking at a mom and pop/boutique operation off the beaten track on the mainland.

I came here with the same idea in mind and quickly had my eyes opened to the logistical and financial roadblocks.

Luckily enough I stuck it out, came up with an original idea and made it work. That's your best bet, not trying to compete with existing business. Hotels, where occupancy rates are going down due to the large number of new rooms being added, are one of the worst ventures to get into.

The quote "if you want to make a million in Belize, bring 2" is still alive and true. Bring new ideas and create jobs for Belizeans and you may just do fine.

we have missed the prosperous days of scooping up low cost property. every grain of sand is for sale but at a price. each seller made good every time the land was sold. now it is just at a high stable price.

C
C
SBoyd: We are exactly the same as you...two Canadians with grown kids in the process of moving to Belize. We have already purchased the property (118 acres), incorporated companies both here and in Belize and are now looking for partners/investors for our eco-tourism lodge. You can see a picture at www.cayo.com.bz. We'd love to talk to you about your plans. Email me please.

Really Gay, we all missed it by a few decades, didn't we?

hey gay... i have a glass jar filled with sand from Wildwood... any bids? eek

hi denny the man!
i will give you 5 cents, o.k?
but then i expect to be taken to lunch!

S
SBoyd1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
CayoInvest.

I went to your web site and enjoyed your logo. I don't know how to e-mail you.

Thanks.

for shame gay... you know I am a single guy... Now I feel so used... so cheap... it could be a deal! eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.