Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181835 - 08/14/05 12:51 PM Greenreef contact...
WhiteWater Offline
Heya! Was wondering if anyone knew the best wat to get in contact w/ Greenreef? I've been to the website and sent them an email. Just trying to offer some volunteer time and chat about a few items with them. Anyone on the boards a member/volunteer?

~ MJ

#181836 - 08/14/05 01:08 PM Re: Greenreef contact...
SP Daily Offline
Try emailing Mito Paz, the Director of Green Reef <greenreef@btl.net>
I'll copy him on this also.

#181837 - 08/14/05 11:52 PM Re: Greenreef contact...
WhiteWater Offline
Thanks Jesse, that's the email address I sent to previously. I know everything works on island time, so no rush, just wanted to make sure I was using the correct and current email.

Many thanks!

~ MJ

#181838 - 08/15/05 02:41 AM Re: Greenreef contact...
Kra-Z-K Offline
I am extremly interested, too. I believe we need to get a volunteer permit? Jesse, do you know anything about this? I would love to volunteer twice a week

#181839 - 08/15/05 09:45 AM Re: Greenreef contact...
SP Daily Offline
Check with Immigration...

#181840 - 08/15/05 12:33 PM Re: Greenreef contact...
WhiteWater Offline
Volunteer permits?? Hmmmm....that's news to me. I'll do a little research, but does anyone else have any info on permits? Maybe one of the SAGA members/volunteers we see post here often?

~ MJ

#181841 - 08/16/05 11:47 AM Re: Greenreef contact...
WhiteWater Offline
Actually, I did hear about the volunteer permits, and figured it would be easier to set up when we can do it in person. But I'll do some research before heading to SP.

[ girlfriend decides that she should have her own login... :-) ]

#181842 - 08/16/05 05:45 PM Re: Greenreef contact...
SimonB Offline
If it's just a few hours while on vacation I don't think anyone would have an issue of you not having one but if you are staying for an extended period and doing more than a few hours you should have one. Last I heard they were $100BZ but that may have changed with the increase in work permit costs.

#181843 - 08/16/05 08:03 PM Re: Greenreef contact...
WhiteWater Offline
Ah. This is more than just a few weeks of vacation, so I guess we'll wait and see whether we can make ourselves useful then get permits as appropriate. Thanks for the approximate $$, nice to have a ballpark number.

#181844 - 10/16/05 11:30 AM Re: Greenreef contact...
WhiteWater Offline
Well, we've finally made it to the island. Still very interested in getting a hold of Mito and discussing volunteering and introducing ourselves.

Anyone seen Mito around lately? Anyone know any way other than email that I can reach him? I resent another email, but haven't gotten any replies.

~ MJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 40 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.