Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
I have done several day trips from the island and only spent 2 days in San Ignacio last year. I am now living here and my parents are visiting in Nov. My mom has been here with me before, and easily entertained. My dad only left the US once, 21 years ago, to Mexico and got very sick and had a very bad experience. Since, has been hesitant to leave the country. Upon arrival he will initially be nervous though I know it will be a great experience. He and my mom have decided to visit for 8 days!! I am very excited, yet would like recommendations on what do to with them for a week? Where to take then, what sites to show them. I do not want them to get bored. My dad is not fond of water activities nor laying out in the sun...

What are your ideas? Should we just spend 4 days in AC and a few on the mainland??? If so...where... help is appreciated for what we should do here on the island and mainland.

If your folks golf take them over for a great experience at Caye Chapel. A night or two in Placencia would be great. Rum Point or Kitty's. A day trip to Caye Caulker with lunch at Rasta Pasta and dinner at Habaneros. Charter a plane and fly out over the reef and islands and the Blue Hole. Explore AC by golf cart for a day. A trip to anywhere with Daniel Nunez, Tanisha Tours for a day. If your mom shops and your dad likes construction stuff...LOTS to check out on the island. I think they will be quite happy just seeing you and your new lifestyle. They might just surprise you and drink and dance each night away!!! Have fun! I just wish I was there to throw them out over AC from 13,ooo ft!!!!!!!! cool laugh

I think a definite is a trip to any of the Mayan ruins...

D
D
ke, depending on when in Nov your parents will be here, you might want to think about getting to Dangriga for the GArifuna carnival. It's great.

If you think about it you'll have to book your hotel early as some places have had their reservations since last Nov.

The best time to be in Dangriga for this is for the 18th - 20th.

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
huh, djean, thanks for this idea, I am going to research it tonight. They have not bought the tickets yet but will visit somewhere between Nov 14-30 so that works.

Reaper, GREAT idea. They do not golf though or that would be so great. Hmmm...not drinkers either so I doubt that one. But you guys are GREAT and keep these good ideas rolling!!!
I hope they do enjoy seeing my new lifestyle, thanks for mentioning that.

I do intend one day to do ruins, one afternoon to Caye Caulker. So we are left with 5 more ays to fill.

Have a site good for Dangriga festival?? will look online tonight.

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
on http://www.belizeans.com/bzeevents.htm
there is a list of things going on each month. I noticed

Stann Creek Agricultural Fair:
Exhibits of livestock and locally grown fruits and vegetables

Laugh, laugh, laugh that of all the things to do in Belize I inquire on this but I would like to know if anyone has info on this as this is actually my father's field. Would be fun to do something really in his interest one afternoon.

I would suggest the Mt Pine Ridge area. Nice hotels with good food, gardens, Very different environment, lots to do like canoeing thru Barton Creek Cave, Caracol Ruins, great birding, lots of hiking to waterfalls and such if they are interested in that (or can drive to some and see the falls). Should be nice weather in Nov - could even have a fire in the fireplace in the rooms at Hidden Valley Inn (which is also the most level property in the area if they have any walking/stability issues). Very scenic drive from there to the Dangriga area if you want to catch the ag fair too.

Gee ke, it's starting to sound like it won't be that restful a holiday. wink

Let's figure this out. Day 1, arriving and getting acquainted with the place. Day 2, leisurely morning, water taxi, lunch and afternoon in Caye Caulker Day 3, breakfast at Lilly's, cart ride to the southside, stop and check out all resorts on the way back to town Day 4, breakfast at Estelles, cart ride to the northside, lunch at Basils Day 5, tour to ruins Day 6, hire a boat and guide to run up north inside the reef, stop at resorts along the way, stop at Palapa Bar on the return and then have the driver take you through the cut and the river. Drop you on backside and then walk home. Day 7, a little shopping in town, get packed. Day 8, make your way to the airport for departure

Intersperse into all of the above, going to some of the more popular restaurants for dinner and some of the funkier ones too. Catching some live music here and there, beach walking, ocean gazing, (snorkelling if they are into that) and just general relaxing so that your parents become infused with the sun, the sea and the reef rumble that turns us into ACholics.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Hey ke - how old are your parents? My mom was here with me (on AC) for a week (left Monday). I found that there are limits on what older people can handle - like she nixed the ruins idea because of all the walking and climbing. Just a thought.

Sandi
*Glass bottom boat to see the reef. Dry, stable and no snorkel required.
*Bird-watching boat trip to the bird-islands behind AC. No walking requried - just field glasses and an apreciation of beauty.
*Massages.
*Trip to Robles and beach bar-b-q. Good walk-in, hard white sand bottom swimming beach, beautiful place.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.