Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#182182 - 08/26/05 11:50 AM Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
Gela Offline
When I arrived on AC on Saturday, August 13, I was in terrible pain. I suffer from neck problems and see a Chiropractor once a month. Usually, a quick adjustment is all that's needed and I'm good to go for a while. I have also had lower back surgery years ago, so back pain is something I have learned to live with and manage with certain exercises and stretches.

Well, by Sunday morning, I was in agony and talked to Martin at Xanadu. He said that there was a Chiropractor on the Island. I had hoped to contact her on Monday to see if she could help me. Well, Martin suggested that we try calling her then - it couldn't hurt. We managed to reach her around 9:00am, and out of the goodness of her heart, she agreed to see me that very day within the hour.

She spend nearly an hour with me. She used electro-stimulation to relax the muscles, ultra sound on my lower back, and then ultimately adjusted my neck and lower back. Her technique was very similar to my Chiropractor's and I learned that she attended the Palmer School near where I live in California. Patti Manners is also a massage therapist. I returned for a massage later in the week which helped me immensely.

For those of you who believe in chiropractic care, I highly recommend Dr. Manners. Her Center is just a stone's throw down from Pedro's Inn although you have to go around the back of her building and through her gate to get to her office. She is open Monday, Wednesday and Fridays by appointment only. I will post her telephone number here later - I left it at home.

Thank you Miss Manners for your care and thank you Boarders for listening.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#182183 - 08/26/05 12:12 PM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
RMT Offline
Wow....some good info Gela. Glad you were able to enjoy your vacation pain free. smile When I first saw your thread heading though I thought we were going to get a lesson in etiquette..... laugh

#182184 - 08/26/05 12:13 PM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
Gela Offline
Rhonda, yes, Patti has fun with her name. We were laughing about it.

#182185 - 08/27/05 09:11 AM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
sandb Offline
Sounds like you had a better experience than I. !5 minutes with inability to make adjustment for $100bz. I'm curious as to what you were charged.

#182186 - 08/27/05 06:24 PM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
Gela Offline
sandb. I'm sorry you weren't able to get an adjustment. Actually, Patti couldn't get the right side of my neck to readjust. Nor can my Chiropractor at home. Chiropractic certainly doesn't help everybody and many do not believe in it. Did you go back to Patti? I had a second adjustment for next to nothing along with my very reasonable costing massage.

Patti's fees I think are based what she does for you. First initial visit is much more than subsequent visit so she explained. I paid more than $100BZ for all that she did for me (for nearly an hour).

Perhaps try acupuncture?

#182187 - 08/27/05 07:27 PM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
Denny Shane Offline
I've been reading about your neck problems and I am here to help. As you may or may not know, I am a professional massesee, err.. massewse, err I mean maseuse... ummm a part-time massge person.

And guess what I make house calls! First we lay you down on a table, face up or face down, your preference, turn the lights down low to put you in the proper frame of mind. Maybe a hint of Enigma filtering throughout the room... gentle, warming oils from deep in the jungles of Belize to penetrate your silky skin... a chilled glass of Savignon Blanc to properly allow you into the frame of mind...

ummm what were we talking about here I'm afriad I forgot? eek

#182188 - 08/28/05 04:37 AM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
seashell Offline
Hmmmm, that sounds like one helluva neck adjustment. Sign me up . .
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#182189 - 08/28/05 10:26 AM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
Denny Shane Offline
ok seashell... you're down for 10 PM, 8 Sept 2005. eek

#182190 - 08/28/05 11:53 AM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
Gela Offline
Denny - I think you would call yourself a masseur (the male version of a massage person) unless there's something about you I don't know! LOL. Enigma - which CD? Perhaps Moon Oil from Belize (can't seem to find it any more though), silky skin - well, when I was 20 something (not 50) but I appreciate the thought! laugh smile wink

#182191 - 08/28/05 12:25 PM Re: Miss Manners - DC Extraordinaire!
Denny Shane Offline
Which CD? Your choice, I have them all... wink

Moon Oil for Gela

This oil makes a great all-purpose massage oil, and has also been effective as a treatment for dry and flaky scalps. The combination of both symbolizes balance between those energies. Almonds, Chamomile, and Juniper impart Sun energies, while Lavender, Rose Geranium, and Peppermint are ruled by the moon.

Few fresh Juniper Berries
Few drops of Rose Geranium oil
Few drops of Peppermint oil(optional)
4 ounces almond oil
Few spikes of fresh Lavender
Pinch of fresh Chamomile flowers

Crush the Juniper Berries with a mortar and pestle. Mix the Rose Geranium and Peppermint oils into the Almond oil. Pour the oils into a sealable container, leaving room at the top. Drop the crushed Juniper Berries into the container. Add the Lavender spikes and Chamomile flowers. Seal the container tightly. Leave the container someplace where it will be in both the Sun and Moonlight for two weeks. After two weeks, strain the oil through cheescloth and remove the herbs. Rebottle the clear oil and enjoy! eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Still a Bronco fan, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,188 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.