Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20 >
Topic Options
#182239 - 08/29/05 04:59 PM Roads up North
MALIBU Offline
Am on my way in a few days -- anybody know the condition of the roads up North? Always stay up there -- heard tale they might not be so good right now.
Thank You!!!

#182240 - 08/29/05 06:06 PM Re: Roads up North
Gela Offline
Malibu - the roads in general seemed to be pretty bad (at least to me). I was there August 13-20 but stayed south only. There were big pot holes everywhere, except the new brick paved streets right in town. I followed the "gradder tractor" in to town one morning - but it had rained a lot earlier and it didn't look like they were able to smooth things out very well.

But of course, that was over a week ago and maybe things are improving? eek
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#182241 - 08/29/05 06:46 PM Re: Roads up North
knowell Offline
It was very bad Saturday since there were a couple of rainy nights last week. Even some of the roads south had a lot of pot holes. They fixed the ones south one day but it rained a few days later. But it was bad up north. We only went as far a the Palpa Bar but heard it was worse farther north. But this was the first time we have been north so maybe it is normal, hope not.

#182242 - 08/29/05 10:10 PM Re: Roads up North
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
To Palapa Bar - Excellent (which means poor)
Palapa to Capricorn - Poor (bad)
Capricorn to Captain Morgans - Very Bad (take your chances)
Captain Morgans to Journey's End - Poor
Journey's End to Mata Chica - Poor
Mata Chica to all points north - get a snorkel kit for your cart.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

#182243 - 08/29/05 10:10 PM Re: Roads up North
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
...and remember it's OFF season, as in DEEP WOODS OFF!

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

#182244 - 08/29/05 10:30 PM Re: Roads up North
Dizi-B Offline
I'll be 6 miles up north starting Saturday........ eek
Sounds like it's not gonna be good,I was thinking about renting a golf cart, but from what I'm reading it sounds like I shouldn't waste my money???
And I have lots of OFF packed for off season!!

#182245 - 08/30/05 07:25 AM Re: Roads up North
spl Offline
a golf cart one day might be fun. Otherwise you can always take Island Ferry to town and back which would save money.

#182246 - 08/30/05 09:21 AM Re: Roads up North
Dizi-B Offline
Hey Sir Issac,
What's your best recomendation for getting a ride at 7am from the costa maya reef resort (6 miles north) back to san pedro?
Is that possible?

#182247 - 08/30/05 09:37 AM Re: Roads up North
tincup Offline
The resort should be able to arrange that for you. If Island Ferry doesn't/can't pick you up on a special run they (Costa Maya) probably have the names of several private operators that can come and get you.

#182248 - 08/30/05 10:06 AM Re: Roads up North
MALIBU Offline
Well heck........... We are staying at Portofino -- love to have the cart for those late nights in town. Especially to eat at Casa Picasso....

I can't remember how late the water taxi's run (I've always had a cart) Anybody know?

Dizi-B - where will U B Sat? We arrive Friday. Looks like rain for us......... :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
6 registered (SFJeff, samalvey, Safecracker, Pokey, 2 invisible), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,710 Topics
461,236 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.