Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#182548 - 09/09/05 09:54 PM whats a group of young adults to do for news year
gina Offline
We are coming to san pedro for news year and we have rented a villa any information about what to bring or expect will be greaty read and sought out..........any hot spots day trips, good place to dance, drink, swim, anything people I am counting on you for information
whats a group of young adults to do for news year
Multiple choices allowed (1 total votes)
wanting any travel advice - 0 (0%)
What should we bring - 1 (100%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

#182549 - 09/09/05 11:10 PM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
Denny Shane Offline
well Gina... that time of year, especially around midnight, it might get just a bit cool and breezy... I would bring a light jacket, just to be safe. As far as where to go it might help if you told us where you were staying, north? south? in-town?

#182550 - 09/10/05 09:16 AM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
spl Offline
everything is happening here on New Years, you'll end up everywhere and home by 8am.

#182551 - 09/10/05 03:20 PM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
SimonB Offline
If you can remember where home is!

#182552 - 09/20/05 07:22 PM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
gina Offline
We are suppose to be staying near sweet basil and palapa bar but after reading such scary things about north end I am not quite so sure

#182553 - 09/20/05 07:28 PM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
Anonymous
North end isn't scary - just a little less action and a little more work to get back and forth.

#182554 - 09/20/05 08:33 PM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
SimonB Offline
If you're staying in the Tres Cocos area (between the former Sweet Basil and Palapa) you'll be a quick ride into town. No worries at all it's a beautiful area.

#182555 - 09/20/05 08:54 PM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
HavinFun Offline
It is a beautiful area and Tres Cocos is a great snorkel. We stayed in the area last Christmas and it can turn a little cool at night that time of year - if you are cold natured bring a light jacket, as Denny said.
Any place is a good place to dance - BC's, Fido's, Mango's, Crazy Canuck's, Hammock House, The Palapa Bar, the beach, a pier, etc.

#182556 - 09/20/05 10:28 PM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
gina Offline
It seems that I have tried to book else where and everything is booked solid, i am not regreting my choice because its afforable and booked. (but i thought if we could be closer to the town it would be nice but theres always next time)

is the ferry or flying to get the island better?

Is there local police and are the strict with any laws that we should know?

How far of a walk is it from sweet basil to town?

Our villa has a its own dock (we think) so is water taxis a better way to go, personally i think I would enjoy the freedom of a golf cart considering the roads I am not all that sure but I trust each of your judgements

should we look into getting a golf cart for the week, are we able to leave it at the bar and to trek back to our villa.

Thanks for everyone input keep the info comming.

#182557 - 09/20/05 11:22 PM Re: whats a group of young adults to do for news year
Denny Shane Offline
Fly, fly, fly... 10 minutes and you're there... as to dunno 1 hour rocking back and forth, splashing in the water... speeding... not my cup of tea at all.

yes, there are local police... eek

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (CaptOneIron, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.