Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Plans continue for the upgrading and paving of the Placencia Peninsula Road. This was made known during a recent meeting between Minister of Works, Jose Coye and Minister of State and Stann Creek West Area Representative, Rodwell Ferguson, Placencia Village Councillors and representatives of Placencia BTIA and the Seine Bight Village Council. In addressing the gathering, Minister Coye explained that Belize's relatively small population and large land area means that the nations 2 thousand mile network of roads and highways comes at a relatively high price. Coye adds that over the past 6 years, government has spent 4 hundred million dollars in upgrading the country's transportation infrastructure. Councillors were also informed that one of the issues that needs to be considered in the near future is the airstrip in Placencia. Another meeting is planned for later this year before the actual work begins on the road early next year.

Does Placencia have an airport? The wife & I honeymooned in Hopkins last November, and were in Corozal Town earlier this month. We're going to San Pedro in September, and are looking at Placencia (Rum Point Inn) for next year.

I'd like to know if there is an airport in Placencia, or if we will have to make the drive down from Dangriga.

Tropic and Maya have numerous flights every day to Placencia.

Perfect. Thanks!

I'd probably suggest looking at other options in Placencia in addition to or besides Rum Point Inn.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
We're keeping an open mind, we still have plenty of time to decide. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Turtle Inn, Robert's Grove, Nautical Inn, SoulShine, Kitty's Place. There are others like Mariposa and Miller's Landing but I have not seen them yet. Rum Point is OK but there are better places, IMO. There are also many many little very inexpensive places. Check out www.placencia.com

My picks would be:

Top End: Turtle Inn and Inn at Robert's Grove
Middle: Kitty's, Mariposa
Low-Moderate: Barnacle Bill's and Tradewinds

Soulshine I've never cared for due to its weird location, plus it's been for sale forever. Nautical Inn is under new management -- I haven't quite got a fix on that yet.

Rum Point Inn has a wonderful location and eventually will get back to where it once was, or better.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.