I split my vacation between Turneffe Flats Lodge and San Pedro. The staff and amenities at Turneffe Flats Lodge are nothing short of amazing. I was treated like an old friend from the moment I met these folks at the dock. Short, scenic boat ride to the atoll and they even took time to spot some sharks for us. The lodge was very nice and Peter explained the honor bar system and gave a quick rundown of what to expect the next few days. They take a very individual approach and take time to find out what each guest wants and bend over backward to provide exactly that. Dinners were an adventure and I ate every scrap offered. Alot of the food I had never heard of before, but found it all to be delicious and plenty of it, served family style.

Next three days I fished with Pops Cabral and he was knowledgable, patient and has a great sense of humor. He is a "flats machine," he knows exactly where to go and exactly what to throw. I caught more bonefish in 3 days there than I'd ever seen in the FL. Keys. Even boated a nice permit and tried for the tarpon but ran out of time.
Just being way out there on the caye was an experience of a lifetime. Total quiet except for the sounds of nature. The only other people I saw was a local lobster boat that sailed by a few times. The other guests who were there for the diving and eco-touring agreed that they too had experienced something special.

All in all a great lifetime experience that I'd love to repeat. A HUGE thumbs up for the staff at Turnefee Flats Lodge.