Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#18538 - 09/08/04 10:43 AM Caye Caulker airstrip
Magnum Belize Offline
Silk Painter,

Have you any update on the airstrip at Caye Caulker? Do you think it will be open for the holidays?

#18539 - 09/09/04 09:55 PM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
silkpainter Offline
It will definintely open before the high season starts.
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

#18540 - 10/07/04 06:54 AM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
silkpainter Offline
I just received this information from a friend who met with the company repairing airstrip yesterday morning. Equipment supposed to be here on Thursday (Oct 9). Contract allows for 14 weeks however, GOB has asked that it be completed in 8 weeks. One contractor for entire project as opposed to last info which was Cisco would pave.

Testing for sand compaction -- will need appx 4,000 cb yds of sand -- if Caye Caulker sand tests out, will dredge and stockpile at end of airstrip. If not will have to haul sand from mainland which will delay the project.

So -- keep your fingers crossed that repairs start right away -- will keep you updated.

#18541 - 10/07/04 07:19 PM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I'm confused (which is not unusual.)

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#18542 - 10/07/04 10:15 PM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
silkpainter Offline
I'm tired tonight, so I hope this will make sense. I just arrived back on Caye Caulker from the BTIA annual general meeting in Belize City.
Soon after the closing of the airstrip, the GOB Dept. of Works came on island with heavy equipment and tore up the old paving, crushed it and made it into roads back in the Puesta Del Sol government housing project. They graded and widened the airstrip, and there it sat for a couple of months, unpaved, waiting for the funds to be released by Central government. The funds have just been released and the paving contracted out now. Now they will start the concrete portion of the project. Although the airstrip was closed, private planes have been landing and taking off. The airstrip is in better condition right now, even without concrete than before the project began.

#18543 - 10/14/04 01:54 PM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
papashine Offline
We flew over The Caulker airstrip yesterday, actually saw some work in progress,... some light at the end of the tunnel!
Reality..What a concept!

#18544 - 11/16/04 05:40 PM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
Magnum Belize Offline
Any updates on the airstrip?

#18545 - 11/20/04 07:19 PM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
silkpainter Offline
Well, they are working on it, there are giant mounds of sand on the eastern side of the airstrip and lots of big equipment moving around.

#18546 - 12/07/04 08:16 PM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
silkpainter Offline
CAYE CAULKER AIRPORT NEWS FLASH: According to Ms Barbara Miller and Ms Flora Ancona of Tropic Air Operations, the Caye Caulker Airport is planning to reopen (weather permit to continue working) on Dec 17, 2004. Specific details will be send out by Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.

#18547 - 12/07/04 09:58 PM Re: Caye Caulker airstrip
klcman Offline
had a great golf cart race out there a few days ago......
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marty, Pokey, 3 invisible), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,232 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day