Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#185589 - 12/18/05 04:18 PM Satellite Radio
GRAFFICE Offline
I have a friend asking that I look for a satellite radio for her. I guess I've seen them the past 2 trips down but never really ask any specifics. Are most users going with Sirius, XM, or World Space. Along with that I have been trying to navigate the web but can't get a grip on what I should be trying to purchase....She has ask for a car/home kit combo.Please help me boarders smile

#185590 - 12/18/05 05:01 PM Re: Satellite Radio
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
walmart, target, any of the big electronic stores in the states carry XM and SIRIUS radios. XM is currantly the largest satellite radio company. Some radios come with a car kit or a home kit, but you can also buy the other if you need both. Your friend will still need a radio reciever with speakers to connect the satellite radio to if using at home.

#185591 - 12/18/05 05:05 PM Re: Satellite Radio
clover Offline
XM seems to be the most popular on the island. I believe the home kit has to have a home account (mailing address) in the US/Canada. I think it bills quarterly. WM has an 800 number listed on their website on the internet.

#185592 - 12/18/05 05:15 PM Re: Satellite Radio
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline

#185593 - 12/18/05 05:25 PM Re: Satellite Radio
lovey and thurston Offline
We have Sirius and have the home account in the States. Think you can find any of the brands at Walmart, Best Buys, Target.

#185594 - 12/18/05 09:43 PM Re: Satellite Radio
BelizeDiscounts.com Offline
XM I belive is no longer receiving the signal on the island most have changed to sirus

#185595 - 12/18/05 11:17 PM Re: Satellite Radio
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
I did not have any problem receiving a signal when i was on the island in october. I am bringing my XM radio with me on thursday so i guess i'll figure it out then. (4 more sleeps yeaaaaaaa!) laugh laugh laugh laugh

#185596 - 12/19/05 12:07 AM Re: Satellite Radio
SFJeff Offline
I am listening to XM as I type this (about 5 1/2 miles north of town) so I'd say the XM signal still reaches here... some of the lower (#60 and below) stations 'sometimes' seem to cut out (in particular in the evening) but most everything else comes in just fine. Note: though they do not sell them at Best Buy/etc, there are "marine" antenna packages you can purchase... probably not a bad investment in this enviornment.

#185597 - 12/19/05 12:13 AM Re: Satellite Radio
clover Offline
Belizediscounts is smoking something I can't afford.....just heard XM at Crazy Canucks

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (VoVoVo), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,040 Topics
462,248 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.