Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#186651 - 01/09/06 09:01 AM A carry-on question...
jaybug Offline
Ok. On another vein, but similar to the last one I posted. We are bringing our snorkle equipment with us when we come down. Does anyone know if we will have a problem bringing a mesh bag with our fins, masks, and snorkles on the plane as a carry on? If we can I have no worries about checking any bags, if we can't I am going to have to check something. I did a trial pack this past weekend, and there is just no way I can get our snorkle equipment, clothes, beach towels, and personal items in 2 carry-on bags. The snorkle equipment, towels and bathing suits take up a whole carry-on all by themselves! Any advice is welcome!

#186652 - 01/09/06 09:45 AM Re: A carry-on question...
NYgal Offline
Rent your fins smile

#186653 - 01/09/06 10:19 AM Re: A carry-on question...
jaybug Offline
2 bathing suits each and 2 towels each, I don't think that is overdoing it at all. One to dry one to wear. As far as the fins go...I am not going to rent fins for my whole stay. I plan on snorkling on my own as well as taking the trips, so bringing my own just seems the logical answer to me. Plus I like mine!

#186654 - 01/09/06 10:41 AM Re: A carry-on question...
ScubaLdy Offline
OK on two swim suits - but why dring towels at all. Where ever you are staying will have towels. I agree about the fins - I always take my own. Since there are two of you there can be four carry on bags. I can't imagine needed more.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#186655 - 01/09/06 10:42 AM Re: A carry-on question...
ScubaLdy Offline
BTW - you don't need to start a new post - you can just add to your original one like everyone else who comments. Just a thought
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#186656 - 01/09/06 11:23 AM Re: A carry-on question...
jaybug Offline
Scuba Ldy
Thanks for this post. I started a different post because it was a different topic than the first...I guess I could have kept it on the first one. As far as the carry-on's go...we can have 4 bags, but to the best of my knowledge they can't be 4 big bags. I thought it was one "luggage" type item and a personal bag. Am I wrong? And for a 10 day trip what is your suggestion as far as clothes go? I was thinking 5 t's, 5 tanks, pair of shorts, pair of pants, flip-flops, a couple "nicer" outfits for going out to eat (keep in mind when I say nicer I don't me real nice, but better than jean shorts and a t'shirt. Of course underware, a couple socks and suits. Is that too much?

#186657 - 01/09/06 11:44 AM Re: A carry-on question...
You are correct about the 2 bags - 1 luggage piece & 1 personal - I took an extremely large purse, hubby took a regular size backpack - the airlines have become very strict about weight limits so watch out w/ the luggage type bag. For 10 days, try 3 T's, 2 tanks - you'll be in your suit most of the time and probably pick up a couple of t's on the island to take home + they launder easily.
Definitely skip the towels, Banana Beach has beach towels and you can get clean ones as often as you want - I imagine most other places are the same. You're gonna love it!! smile

#186658 - 01/09/06 11:54 AM Re: A carry-on question...
jaybug Offline
lawcucui thanks for the response. Do you really think I can get away with only 5 shirts total? I have never packed that lite in my life! I am not a skinny mini either, so I am always leary about buying while away. I have contacted my resort to see if they provide towels, so if they do I will definitly skip the towels. The backback is a good idea too, I will definitly use that idea. Thanks again!

#186659 - 01/09/06 12:46 PM Re: A carry-on question...
I found myself wearing the same couple of fav tops daily just because the heat made me want to be in what was most comfortable for me - we also did laundry while there - it's true, you can get by w/ lots less than you think - we packed considerably less on our second trip! wink

#186660 - 01/09/06 02:17 PM Re: A carry-on question...
jaybug Offline
My resort said that they provide towels, so that is good. They also said they provided masks, snorkles, and fins as well. I guess if I am having that big of a problem I can jut leafve the fins at home, but I bought them for this trip and realy like them. Thanks againg for the help from everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Safecracker, 1 invisible), 50 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,727 Topics
461,281 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.