Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
RMT Offline
Otterlum....thanks for the synopsis...lol..some of us DO remember that long post rgearding this very topic!! I thought the same thing as you when i saw it! Rhonda smile

hey kristy, long time, how are you! Doncha also think women in many parts of the states could get offended too?
It's all a matter of chance, unless you are in parts of the world where everyone goes topless as normal.

nah, come for another visit Rhonda. Try it out wink will gladly go with you as I think we are due for drinks.

I do not recommend being openly topless or walking topless, but it is not offensive.

Perhaps what one observes on a short vacation is different as I know until my fourth trip there I would have thought the same until I realized they are not so conservative as you would think.

ask away, could give you a list of topics and if you compare it to much of the states or other latin american countries you'd be surprised.

Kra-Z-K you obviously don't live on the same island as I do. I can think of about 50% of the population that would not be at all amused with folks going around topless.

Don't forget that the late night crowd are not the devout Christian set.

As with most western cultures, the late night party goers are typically a lot "looser" than the conservative folks that go home early, or don't party at all.

I would NOT encourage people to let it all hang out - it isn't really socially acceptable here.

Perhaps if you are with a crowd of people that don't mind, and you are in a secluded area - boat, private beach, private pool etc. then who cares. But otherwise I wouldn't say being topless is gutsy, just a faux pas of a visitor that is unaware of local customs.

Originally posted by Kra-Z-K:
hey kristy, long time, how are you! Doncha also think women in many parts of the states could get offended too?
It's all a matter of chance, unless you are in parts of the world where everyone goes topless as normal.
Hey hey smile

Yes, I do think that women in the states could get offended too. That's why you never see women roaming around topless. [at least not in california].

Sometimes you'll see them sunbathing on their stomachs, and they remove their top so they don't get tanlines, but that's about it.

There are actual designated beaches though for nudity.

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"
Boobs are great. If you've got em, flaunt em I say laugh Sadly. my rack isn't as impressive as my counsins purchased pouches, so mine stayed tucked away, but if I had em they'd be hangin out too :-D

who cares. I agree with Sir Isaac...the ones who get offended, are the ones who are insecure, unattractive, etc etc.

Hey SIN, I used to breasfeed my kids in public - but dude that is not the same thing as running around the beaches topless.

I have been to nudie beaches in Europe -

There is a time and place for all activities - designated topless beaches are socially acceptable in some places, but not here.

Well yeah, hanging out on the beach by Town Square, might be a little odd, but if you find a quiet semi-private beach, who cares?

We went to both Captain Morgans, Ramons, and Banyan Bay's beaches & they were all quiet, and one could go topless without much fuss.

amanda, I wrote in 2 posts I do NOT recommend walking around topless or being openly topless. I do live on your island so the only "obviosly" part is I would not be purchasing my real estate from you as you do not think I exist.

Going back to the original question - colibri2 asked if there were topless beaches and if going topless is socially acceptable here on the island and the answer is no. It's got nothing to do with your or my personal opinions on the matter, it has to do with generally acceptable customs of a land that tourists are visiting.

Most tourists like to abide by local customs and don't get a kick out of attempting to offend the locals.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.