I am honored and thrilled to serve as a judge of the 2006 event. As I have little experience with “wrastl'n” I have taken the time to do some research. I located the rules below on a popular wrestling website and have added or modified them where it seemed appropriate. Accordingly, here are some tips as to how I intend to score:
1. Wrestling, like all other sports, obeys Rules which constitute the "Rules of the Game" and define its practice, the aim of which is to "pin" the opponent.
Extra points will be awarded for the use of extra large pins, precision counts.
2. These regulations apply to all the styles recognized by modern wrestling controlled by the FILA, generally the Greco-Roman Style and the Free Style.
However, I will also award liberal points for Gucci, Chanel and Ralph Lauren styles.
3. In Greco-Roman Wrestling, it is strictly forbidden to grasp the opponent below the belt line, or to trip him/her or to use the legs actively to perform any action.
Still, stylish belts are expected and ladies, the prohibition against using your legs will not excuse the failure to shave or wax them and points will be awarded accordingly.
4. In Free Style wrestling, however, it is permissible to grasp the legs of the opponent, to trip him/her and to use the legs actively to perform any action.
Actively used legs require shaving or waxing all the more, see #3 above.
5. Double Nelsons are strictly forbidden in women’s wrestling.
I personally am not acquainted with the Nelsons, but completely understand the prohibition against two males against any female - it simply isn’t fair - points will be deducted.
6. Wrestling competitions take place under a pool system of 3 or 4 wrestlers, without seeds.
I agree that seeds should not be eaten in the pools - they are very messy. Accordingly, points will be deducted from any participant eating seeds in the pools.
7. The wrestler who has the highest number of classification points will be classified top of the pool and will qualify for the rest of the competition which will be by direct elimination.
Note that points will be deducted if there is direct elimination in the pool. Please find an appropriate restroom facility. (This issue has been addressed on another thread on this site.)
8. If the number of competitors is between 2 and 5 (two and five), they will compete using the system of everyone against everyone else.
This method should satisfy those spectators desiring to observe that “group thing.” Extra points will be awarded for playing well with others.
9. If a wrestler is injured and cannot carry on competing, he/she will be placed depending on his/her results until his/her elimination.
Because certain types of injury can make elimination difficult, extra fiber in the days immediately preceding the match is recommended. Points will be deducted for excessive delays in elimination.
10. Final matches for the 5th and 6th place will only take place between the best losers.
Points will be deducted for being a worst loser.
11. The wrestlers eliminated during the qualification round will automatically be placed higher than those eliminated from the pools.
Extra points awarded for making it to the top - proving once again, that in wrestling, as in toilets, crap floats to the top.