Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
After several trips to AC, my next trip includes a three night stay in Placencia before heading over to AC (again!). Looking for advice/comments on things to do and see while there. I enjoy eating, getting my drink on, meeting and talking to locals and tourists, lying on the beach, snorkeling and a river/jungle tour. I am not a diver. Interested in a boat ride up the Monkey River, a snorkeling trip and good places to hang to eat and drink. If possible, would like to get information on costs and duration of any suggestions. Thanks.

HOLY CRAP-ISLAND GIRL COMES SOUTH!!!! HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS BARB AND I. CHECK OUT PLACENCIA.COM--I'D HIGHLY RECO STAYING IN THE VILLAGE RATHER THAN SAY MAYA BEACH UNLESS YOUR LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SECLUDED.THE FIRST THING YOU WILL NOTICE IS YOUR NOT IN SP ANYMORE--VERY LAID BACK AND NOT AS MUCH NIGHT LIFE DURING THE WEEK. GREAT FOOD AWAITS YOU AT THE GALLEY,ANOTHER FAVORITE OF OURS IS TRATALI(SPELLING)GREAT ITALIAN PLACE-PURPLE SPACE MONKEY FOR BREAKFAST AND LOTS OF PLACES TO SPEND THE AFTERNOON HAVING DRINKS WITH NEW FRIENDS. WE WILL BE THER MID FEB....WHEN DO YOU ARRIVE? DUANE

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
We stayed at Cozy Corner last May for $50us/nite.
A/C and bath with 2 beds. Also a good restaurant/bar on site. :p

G
G
LOL, Richard, that reminds me of how they SAY Cozy Corner down there - it was more like coo-zee corner. LaurieMar, walking the beach down there is WAY different than SP. Special warning - the sand gets VERY HOT - so hot you will burn your tootsies if you don't have shoes/sandals on (speaking from experience). And update us on the 'main street' (the sidewalk was still damaged from the hurrican when I was there). And make sure you visit Kitty's Place for dinner/drink - the grounds are gorgeous!

T
T
Go to Cozy's for the killer burritos (very big - best to share), and wonderful spicy fried chicken. The Pickled Parrot for quesadillas (especially lobster, if in season). Dawn has a cart out in front of Wallen's for great fajitas, but you got to get there before noon. Breaky at Jake's (he's got an espresso machine). And don't forget the gelato place.

Mary and Rick
Forgot to mention that the "Tipsy Tuna" is next door to Cozy's too! Another good drinking spot in Placencia.

HORSE SHOES STILL AVALIBLE AT BURNT DOWN SUGAR REEF ON SUNDAYS AND PLEASE ENJOY THE LOCAL CROWD AT J-BYRDS. ANY BODY KNOW IF JUNGLE JUICE STLL GOING FEW DAYS PER WEEK??

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
M
M
Maya Beach has an evironment all its own, We had a great time hanging out at the grocery store and Mangos. We stayed twice at Barnicle Bills, great people and a nice location.

Maya Beach gets my ok too. We have been there several times and will again......soon!

Maya Breeze Inn is a good spot and Mangos is right there next door. The grocery and The Hungry Gecko are so cool. Yes, it's an environment of it's own laugh laugh

L
OP Offline
L
Sounds like lots of good places to go to eat and drink. What about snorkeling from Placencia? Anybody have any favorite spots to go? We will be staying at Calico Jacks in Placencia for only three nights.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 280 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.