Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#188858 - 01/26/06 02:00 PM Bringing my little dog
Sun&sand Offline
We want to bring our little dog with us this time, and aren't sure of the best way to get him from Belize City to AC. I spoke with Tropic Air, and they said they always reserve 3 seats for animals (the back seat). He's only 20 pounds, and it seems excessive, but if that's the only way, well, I guess we'll do it. But, has anyone taken the boat with their pet? Or Maya Air? Please help.

#188859 - 01/26/06 03:11 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
travelqueen Offline
Yes, we took the dog via the boat... don't recall them charging anything extra for the dog. No drama (concerning the dog), pretty easy really.

We too got the same quote for Tropic Air which is why we took the boat.

#188860 - 01/26/06 09:37 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
Belikin Bill Offline
Hey maybe you can get a basket to put on back of a bike for the little dog while in AC.

#188861 - 01/26/06 10:59 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
Sun&sand Offline
Could, he'd like that.

#188862 - 01/26/06 11:08 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
Kra-Z-K Offline
TQ is 100% correct, just wanted to put in a second opinion. NO charge for the dog, it counts as luggage. Tropic and Maya have to put the dog on the back 3 seats for safety, that's why they charge 3 seats. Karmin has been on the ferry a few times, the Belize City Ferry and the ferry to Caye Caulker and she is never charged. VERY easy to take her on the boat and she reallllllly loves it.

#188863 - 01/26/06 11:09 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
Belikin Bill Offline
You don't put clothes on this little dog do you? smile

#188864 - 01/26/06 11:12 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
Kra-Z-K Offline
lol!!!!!!!! Did you know me in Vegas???? Cause I used to! lol. never in AC. Too hot and sure already stick out as that semi-still-new young gringa with the yellow dog. I am known to some that I do not know personally as "Karmin!"

#188865 - 01/26/06 11:14 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
Kra-Z-K Offline
are you vacationing here or staying here awhile sun&sand? Curious as if you are vacationing where are you staying with the dog and how many stops do you have to get here(and total travel time.) Make sure not to give the doggie anything to eat for 8 hours prior to flying and make sure he/she potties immediately before entering the airport.

#188866 - 01/26/06 11:18 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
Belikin Bill Offline

#188867 - 01/27/06 12:03 PM Re: Bringing my little dog
Sun&sand Offline
Kra-Z, we will be staying a month, in our own place. We've never traveled by air with him, or any animals for that matter. I am getting vibes that he may be just a wee bit too big to take with us in the cabin, so all of this might be for naught. He's 12 inches high, and weighs 20 pounds. I understand from AA that they can't go over 9 inches. So, depending on who measures him, (haha) if my husband measures, he's 15 inches, if I measure him, he's 12, but if I scrunch him down a little, I can get 10 inches. It is a very long day between flights and layover time, so it might be best for him to stay home. I'm gonna miss him. I want to thank all of you for your advise, tho. You all are the best!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,231 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.