Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#189086 - 01/31/06 02:48 PM Horseback riding and Mayan ruin visit on the mainland?
darren d Offline
Hi Folks. First time ever on a msg board. Am coming down with my 11 yr old daughter last week of March. Can anyone recommend a jungle lodge that provides horseback rides and is near enough to a Mayan ruin to sponsor/oversee a day trip to the ruin. My daughter wants to ride a horse in a rainforest like her parents did years ago, as well as explore some Mayan ruins. I've checked out online the Banana Bank Lodge near Belmopan, as well as the Pine Ridge Lodge between Belmopan & Caracol, and am leaning toward the BB Lodge.

We're making reservations at the Corona Del Mar hotel south of San Pedro for 26-28 Mar and 31 Mar - 2 Apr. Has anyone had or heard of any bad experiences re guests at this hotel? Will appreciate any response.

Lodge with horseback riding on the mainland?
Only one choice allowed ( total votes)
Recommend a lodge offering horseback? - 0 (0%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Mayan ruins to visit while staying at lodge w/horseback riding?
Only one choice allowed ( total votes)
Recommend a Mayan ruin near horseback lodge? - 0 (0%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
darren d

#189087 - 02/07/06 06:19 PM Re: Horseback riding and Mayan ruin visit on the mainland?
look at www.maruba-spa.com. I considered going there while on a cruise. People on Ambergris Caye recommended it highly. Looks nice and will go someday while in Belize.

#189088 - 02/07/06 07:07 PM Re: Horseback riding and Mayan ruin visit on the mainland?
Kra-Z-K Offline
Pine Ridge, do you mean Mount Pine Ridge? If so, I have heard very good things from friends who live here about it.

#189089 - 02/07/06 07:32 PM Re: Horseback riding and Mayan ruin visit on the mainland?
klcman Offline
Pine Ridge Lodge, located inside the Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve, is an OK spot. Given, the choice, I'd go with BB. John & Carolyn will do you right.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#189090 - 02/07/06 07:56 PM Re: Horseback riding and Mayan ruin visit on the mainland?
Barbara K Offline
BB has great horses & riding but is not really near enough to ride to any major ruins. Crystal Paradise does rides to Cahal Pech Ruins I believe. Chaa Creek has riding and does have some smaller ruins on their property but I don't think they are excavated. if you don't need to get to the ruins on horse, any of these jungle lodges would be great. BB and CP are probably the most kid friendly. duPlooys has horses too and is a very nice place. Pine Ridge Lodge is nice as well but I don't think they have horses on site.

Are you going to Corona del Mar, then to the mainland and then back to Corona del mar?????? Sounds like a lot of running around. Any particular reason you are setting it up that way?

#189091 - 02/08/06 01:28 AM Re: Horseback riding and Mayan ruin visit on the mainland?
collyk Offline
You may also want to try The Belize Jungle Dome which is right next door to Banana Bank. I stayed at the Jungle Dome and the owners and staff are wonderful. They have access to the facilities at Banana Bank as well as being able to organise all of the great trips to caves and ruins. Belize Jungle Dome is at http://www.greendragonbelize.com

The Jungle Dome is much smaller than Banana Bank, has a huge swimming pool and to be honest...I found Banana Bank just a bit odd, particularly as I am not a fan of keeping wild animals as captive pets. The riding is good there though.
Belize Wedding Photography

#189092 - 02/08/06 07:55 AM Re: Horseback riding and Mayan ruin visit on the mainland?
Barbara K Offline
Yes, good idea. And actually the Dome sells the same rooms at BB for less than the prices BB charges! wink They also have their own rooms in the dome building.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.