Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19009 - 03/02/05 09:31 PM Belize to Costa Rica
RICH GUY Offline
Does anyone know of a really inexpensive way to do this route?

#19010 - 03/02/05 11:09 PM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
LaurieMar Offline
I haven't done it myself, but my friend lives in Costa Rica and travels to Belize. I could e-mail him and ask his suggestions. Depends on where you want to go in Costa Rica and your means of travel. Also depends on your interests and what you want to do when you are there. For instance, I assume you want to fly? If so, are you interested in the Pacific side (Liberia) or San Jose, the capitol? Do you want to spend time on the Pacific side or the Carribean? Don't know if you have been to Costa Rica before. I found it an awesome place, but wished I spoke better Spanish. It is inexpensive and the food is great! Plus, I have never seen such wildlife, rivers, jungles and waterfalls. Crime and theft are a major concern.

Did not make it to Pacific side, but highly recommend a visit to Fortuna (hotels are clean, safe and cheap), Arenal Volcano and Tabacon Hot Springs. I spent a majority of my 10 days in Puerto Viejo, Cocles and Manzanillo, on the Carribean side, near the Panamanian border. Pristine beaches, jungle, and no hotels on the beaches. I highly recommend the Lonely Planet travel guide. It is very accurate.

#19011 - 03/02/05 11:25 PM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
RICH GUY Offline
That would be great to hear from your friend, just fiddling online I've found flights from Belize City via San Salvadore at around 900$ which is more expensive than flying from Canada direct!!!

I think the carribean side would fine for me. I want to see the cloud forest.

#19012 - 03/03/05 01:37 AM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
Wendy Offline
Are you refering to Monteverde? An amazing place that is north-west of San Jose. Monteverde was the highlight of our trip.

$900! That is what I pay from BC, Canada!

Good luck!

#19013 - 03/03/05 09:41 AM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
RICH GUY Offline
Yeah I know! It's crazy, with the ferry, cab or plane i have to take to get off the island I might as well go back to Canada and re-plan a new trip!

so much for "being in the area" wink

#19014 - 03/03/05 03:13 PM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
Barbara K Offline
Taca via El Salvador has the only flights so the price never goes down much. The cloud forest is on the Pacific Side

#19015 - 03/03/05 04:58 PM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
Catatonic Motivator Offline
Nine hundred dollars what? US/BZ/CA? There's a pretty wide spread there.

I thought you were a rich guy...wonder where I got that? :p
* I Go Pogo *

#19016 - 03/03/05 06:44 PM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
TIMO Offline
rich guy,
just did this trip but in the opposite direction. san jose to san salvador to belize city on taca, don't think it was anywhere near that much. my wife made the arrangements, and i recall that the price went down at some point after our original quote. i think we paid around $275US p/p. $900US would seem a bit high, but who can figure airline fares. costa rica is great, definetly do tabacon hot springs, and try to do some billfishing on the pacific side. try the SW part of CR for fishing,(golfo dulce) beautiful area and great fishing with several good resorts. i'll check that airfare price with my wife, but i am sure it was nothing like $900.

#19017 - 03/03/05 07:02 PM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
LaurieMar Offline
My friend does exactly what Timo says above on Taca. His airfare was about $300. This is out of San Jose.

#19018 - 03/03/05 09:15 PM Re: Belize to Costa Rica
TIMO Offline
just asked my wife and she thinks it was more like $235US to $250US. this was on or about the 30th of jan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (JaHo, Marty, 1 invisible), 77 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,206 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.