Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#190385 - 02/20/06 10:17 PM buying a condo
SEAN74 Offline
I have been thinking of buying a property in ac. As of know i'am thinking condo . Icane spend up to 200,000 and would need to rent the property out at least for 5 years or so . A fee properties have caught my eye and i would like some feedback.
bananna beach
caribe island
casa de david
buying a condo
Only one choice allowed ( total votes)
I would like some advice - 0 (0%)
email at sjcladue@adelphia.net - 0 (0%)
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago

#190386 - 02/21/06 09:39 AM Re: buying a condo
ScubaLdy Offline
Remember “You get what you pay for.” You need a list of things that are MUST have and CANNOT stand!
Look at the existing situation and do not believe anything that is supposedly “Only temporary.
Pre-construction or ready to move in?
Double all time estimates.
Do you want activity or quiet?
Walk to town or accessible only by boat?
Close neighbors or secluded?
Management on site?

Don’t kid yourself. I bought into a condo preconstruction and had no idea about the lifestyle, that nothing is ready on schedule here or that it would be a year from the time I moved in until it was finished.
The other owners are all from the US and do not live here full time, as do I. They, as a group, can make regulations based on a lifestyle different than the one here. They have a right to do that. Some of them do not like dogs and worry about lawsuits.
I now have my condo for sale and am building a house a mile further north. I had a lot to learn.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#190387 - 02/21/06 04:40 PM Re: buying a condo
Tim Jeffers Offline
Well there is one on your list of four that will give you a guaranteed rental return paid on a quarterly basis and a five year contract...

#190388 - 02/21/06 05:38 PM Re: buying a condo
Pedro1 Offline
Firstly I would improve my spelling
Secondly I have a feeling you sell or at least are attempting to sell real estate down here.
The reasoning behind mycomments is that all four are totally different.
1. Perla Escondida-very small-no real management
2. Banana Beach -investment and rental income -allows for owners to have short stays only(best deal on island for people who live out of Belize)
3. Casa David-only for people who want to own and live here with no money.
4. Caribe island -Lets buy problems
Most serious people would do their own investigations.

#190389 - 02/21/06 06:59 PM Re: buying a condo
Chris Offline
Of the four you've mentioned Banana Beach would be by far the best choice.....you want to get rental income for 5 years and BB would give you 5 years guaranteed income.

#190390 - 02/21/06 07:03 PM Re: buying a condo
klcman Offline
Me wonders if he has even been to AC yet and therefore has no idea what to expect and is basing his inquiry on what he's read on the internet.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#190391 - 02/21/06 07:07 PM Re: buying a condo
Chris Offline
Fair comment klc, I would urge EVERYONE who is seriously interested in investing in real estate in Belize to pay a visit, have a great vacation and do some property seeking leg-work too.

#190392 - 02/21/06 10:45 PM Re: buying a condo
SEAN74 Offline
Thanks for the imput and yes I know my spelling is very very bad. I however have no desire to sell real estate in belize . I am a contractor in virginia and have plenty on may plate . I am simply looking for something to buy before prices for vac. properties are out of reach. They stopped making sea front land a long time ago so I dont think its going to get any cheaper.
Yes this will be my first trip to belize so all the info is great but I plan to make my decisions by what I see and like the info is a good giude.

#190393 - 02/21/06 10:48 PM Re: buying a condo
klcman Offline
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.