Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19060 - 03/16/05 10:38 AM Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
silkpainter Offline
Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest
Mother's Day Weekend May 6-8, 2005 at the Basketball Court and beachfront.

Friday - 8 p.m. Artist reception and wine tasting sponsored by the Caye Caulker Business Association. Tickets will be on sale. Meet and greet the participating artists.

Saturday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Art Festival and Food Competition, You be the judge! Tasters wanted! Tasters will be charged $5 bzd per category and given a colored plate and a matching colored ballot. They will go to the dessert, salad, entrée or misc. food station, get their corresponding food samples and taste away, then drop their vote in the ballot box. At the end of the fest, the votes are counted and prizes will be awarded to the winning chefs. Plates will be color coded, like pink for dessert, green for salad, red for entrée and white for misc. The tastefest competition is open to anyone who loves to cook: individuals, restaurants, chefs and resorts. Recipes will be published in the Caye Caulker Cool cookbook.

Sunday - 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Art Festival and BBQ

For more information contact: Lee Vanderwalker-Kroll at 206-0206 or Irene Miller at 226-0208

Added note: this is the same weekend that the Caye Caulker Village Council sponsors their big Mother's Day dinner at the Village Palapas, honoring all the mothers of Caye Caulker. A busy and festive weekend for all.
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

#19061 - 03/16/05 10:19 PM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
NYgal Offline
Oh, I wish I were going to be there. It sounds like a wonderful way to observe Mother's Day on Caye Caulker smile
Let us know how it turns out.

Artists, such as yourself will be included in this? If you see Ernest Garcia be sure to view his work. He's from Placencia.

#19062 - 04/09/05 12:49 PM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
silkpainter Offline

#19063 - 04/09/05 05:21 PM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
Barbara K Offline
Awesome! Mother's Day in Caulker - what could be better!

#19064 - 04/10/05 12:28 AM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
dbdoberman Offline
Me being there. I really wish I could be, it sounds delicious, and fun! So for $20, I could sample all 4 categories? What a great price, and what a great cause. Anyone vacationing on CC or over on AC would be foolish not to take advantage of this.

#19065 - 04/10/05 12:59 AM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
klcman Offline
Lets go DB - u buy!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#19066 - 04/14/05 06:28 PM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
windyw Offline
Hi Silk,
I have a question, for planning purposes for next May. Is this a yearly event? Is this always the first weekend in May or is it held on Mother's Day weekend, whichever weekend that Mother's Day falls on?
I met you in February and bought a beautiful piece of your art, of the split. I have hanging right in the computer room where I can see it!! Hope you are well. And thanks in advance for any info!!!

#19067 - 04/25/05 10:24 PM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
silkpainter Offline
Hi WindyW, sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. Yes, this will be an annual event if all goes well this year. About next year, probably yes, to Mother's Day Weekend.
I've updated the Art/Tastefest info on the website, here's the link again:

#19068 - 05/03/05 06:20 PM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
silkpainter Offline
Tastefest prizes are rolling in: here's a sampling for the 1st and 2nd place winners in each category:
Caye Caulker Village Council, cash prizes for 1st & second place – $250 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place
Caye Coffee – 1 lb of fresh roast & ground coffee for each first place winner
Chaa Creek Cottages – Overnight Accommodations
Caribbean Colors Art Gallery – Each first place receives a hand colored photo (your choice) $150 value, 2nd place receives a $50 gift certificate
Premium Wines – bottle of wine for each first place winner
Treetops Hotel - $50 cash donation
Tropic Air – round trip plane ticket
Victoria House – Overnight accommodations
Habaneros Restaurant on Caye Caulker– Gift certificate for dinner for 2, $100 value
Wine Devine – 5 bottles of wine
Mirab – wine set in a box
Santiago Castillo – gift basket
Rainbow Restaurant on Caye Caulker – dinner for 2

#19069 - 05/05/05 10:44 PM Re: Caye Caulker Cool Art & Tastefest May 6-8, 2005
silkpainter Offline
Set your tastebuds for this, Tastefest entries from:
Wish Willy, Chaa Creek, Habaneros Restaurant, Tsunami Adventures, Caribbean Colors Art Gallery, Victoria House, Herbal Tribe, Sweet Basil's, Barefoot Caribe, Seaside Cabanas, The Sausage Factory, Tim's Cheesecake, and Iguana Reef Inn.
O.K. stop drooling.
I mean it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,286 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day