Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#191261 03/06/06 05:21 PM
S
sky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Does anyone have information on the best place to stay. This will be my first time visiting here. I'm taking my daughter along and was worried about saftey? Also, I'm a diver and looking for economy but a clean place. Any suggestions on places to see too. confused
thanks,
sandy

best economy place to stay
multiple choice
diving (100%, 2 Votes)
Total Votes: 2
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Do you want a kitchenette unit? A pool? What's your budget? Do you like it really quiet or do you want to be closer to town? Does your daughter dive? How old is she? Is she so young that leaving her while you dive is a problem, what are your intentions? With regard to your safety concerns, are they in general, diving, or for your daughter, etc?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Why???people need up-to-date info -nothing else

Do you mean accurate up-to-date info, like directions to Pedro's Inn given by the owner himself?

posted by Pedro1 01-29-2006 04:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
turn immediately left after the Isla bonita's school going South -100 yds and you cannot miss it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S
sky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
No my daughter doesn't dive, she 18. The reason I'm concern for saftey..just stories I've heard of violence in general. I would like to stay on a beach with rooms about 50$$.I would like to dive the hole and maybe some beach snorkling for my daughter, she's afraid of deep water, you know, a bottom you can't see! Also what would be the best airline/fare? or can I get packages from the hotels there. I'm a no frills gal. I like it cheap but in a safe location. I'm used to diving in Cozumel and St.Thomas. I don't have the time to really research this properly. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.
Sky

S
sky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Oh, I forgot , a place where I don't have to take a taxi so much.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Sounds like Ruby's is the place for you. No frills, inexpensive, on the beach and you can walk most anywhere.

As for beach snorkelling, well, there's not much in that category. There's some decent life hanging out under Ramon's dock though and Ruby's is near there. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy hanging out at that dock too.

As for which airline, where are you starting out?

Where are you hearing and what are you hearing about the violence. Just in general, as for your safety concerns, be careful just like you would be at home, in Coz and especially St. Thomas.

By the way, you say you haven't done much research on this trip. Are you aware of what it costs to dive the Blue Hole?

Hey Sky,
Ruby's would be a good budget place, another good budget place is Lily's, for about $60 anite you get a small frig in your room. Safer location, close to center of town.
Ruby's is south edge of town, darker area & some shady local's hang out there.

As far as diving I'd go with Amigos Del Mar...
Have a great trip & p.m. me if I can help in any way, been going down every year since 89.

What violence is she talking about i havent seen anything about it please explain

J D Tremblay
Southern Illinois University Press
Phone 618-453-6634
Fax 618-453-3787
[email protected]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.