Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#19126 04/07/05 04:03 PM
K
ktny333 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My first trip to Belize is coming up next mth. I'm splitting my stay bet. Cayo District (3 nights) and Ambergris Cayes (4 nights). We'll arrive in Belize city around 11'ish and plan to go straight to San Ignacio. I'm debating among Crystal Paradise, DuPlooy's and Clarissa Falls since they're in our budget & seem to give the jungle/cabana feel. I'd appreciate it if you can give me pros/cons about these places. Our plans are to just relax on our first day, then go to Tikal the next day and ATM the following day. How can we arrange the ATM tour? I know that there're only 2 tour operators who are allowed to go in. Which one should we use? It seems both charge the same price ($80?), does it include pick up/drop off at the hotel? Should I also use either one of them for Tikal or it can be arranged thru the hotel?

What's the most economical way to arrange transportation from Belize City Airport to San Ignacio? I know that Aguada Hotel offers shuttle, but where do they drop you off? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

#19127 04/07/05 04:18 PM
S
S
duPlooy's - you'll love it.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
#19128 04/07/05 06:11 PM
S
S
Ditto on duPlooy's and your hotel will take care of your transfer from the city.

#19129 04/07/05 06:52 PM
have never done it, dammit, but patrick Warror gets RAVE reviews. Barb will weigh in here, I bet, and confirm that!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#19130 04/07/05 09:47 PM
S
S
We just got back from both Cayo and AC. we stayed the first 3 nights at Crystal Paradise, and we enjoyed it very much. The meals are served family style in a nice large dining area, there is a beautiful deck and area to relax after dinner, we found the atmosphere very homey, and the dinners were a great time to talk to others about their tours,etc. The host family, the Tuts, were great, we feel like we got great value. We did a canoe ride down the Macal river and stopped in at DuPlooys and Chaa Creek. They were definately more upscale.

#19131 04/08/05 09:03 AM
K
ktny333 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm looking for a nice, CLEAN room. I'm going in May, does it get hot at night in Cayo. I dont think there's an A/C in the room. Should I look for a diff. hotel that has A/C (like Cahal Pech Village)?

I've heard about Patrick Warrior from this forum as well. Is he w/ either Mayawalk or Pacz?

#19132 04/10/05 11:41 PM
Well I am also spending 4 days in Belize and then traveling over to AC for 6 days. We chose the Cahal Pech Village cabana which sits on the hill overlooking the town of San Ignacio. I am conversing with a couple that just came back from there for a 4 night stay and they really felt at home. It is 5 minutes from Cahal Pech Ruins, so a late afternoon walk there after dinner sounds great! ATM??? I am guessing that is the cave tour of the Seplecutre?? not sure on the spelling...but body in the caves and ritual maya grounds etc...

#19133 04/11/05 02:15 PM
Patrick sub contracts with both Mayawalk & Pacz. You have to specifically request him and he is not always available.

It can be very hot in May so if you are not used to humidity and heat, you may need A/C. Cahal Pech, The Aguada, SI Hotel all have A/C rooms and are near town but none of the cabanas have A/C - only the standard hotel rooms. All very clean & nice.

#19134 04/11/05 05:24 PM
S
S
My husband and I stayed at Aguada. The rooms were clean and spacious and the room was air conditioned. It was very reasonably priced, $42.50 a night and worth it. It allowed us to be able to spend our dollars elsewhere. Plus they had a good restaurant, they were close to everything and arranged tours for us to ATM and Tikal. We went to the ATM cave and one word of caution, it is physical! There is a 45 minute hike through the jungle, crossing a river three times, and then you swim to enter the cave and hike in the water again, most of the time for another 45 minutes and do some steep climbing, all inside a dark cave with only a head lamp! The pay off was awsome and both Joe and I agree it was the high point of our trip which included Tikal, AC and snorkling the reef. We actually went to Xunantunich, tubed the river from there to Clarissa Falls and still had time to visit Cahal Pech, all in one day! So much to do, so little time!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.