Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#191481 - 03/10/06 04:54 AM "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
LaraTravelBelize Offline
Planning first house hunting trip to AC...want to be near the activity, but not too near...reading that there is quite a bit of crime etc (like any town/city)...what are the "bad areas" i should avoid?

Any recommendations on a reputable realtor, lawyer and accountant?

thanks (sorry for the flurry of posts, but i only down for 8 days, and dont want to waste time on places/realtors/etc i shouldnt)

Lara
www.lemoncrushbelize.com

#191482 - 03/10/06 01:01 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
JDTremblay Offline
We too are interested in knowing this
Fax 618-453-3787
tremblay@siu.edu

#191483 - 03/10/06 01:34 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
kris48 Offline
I'm sure others can answer better, but in our two trips we felt perfectly safe. Most of the resorts have a security guard on duty at night. Lock up your valuables. Don't bring expensive jewelry--there is no place to wear it. Don't flash your money. Common sense, in other words. We were approached once about drugs, a "no thanks" worked. A flashlight helps at night, but more to keep from tripping over things on the beach. My feeling, unless you seek out trouble, chances are good it won't find you.

#191484 - 03/10/06 02:14 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
Otteralum Offline
TTT - I agree with kris, but I think you guys were looking for different information. I know this board can help you...

#191485 - 03/10/06 03:33 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
LaraTravelBelize Offline
Thanks Kris for the tips and info, but i am thinking more along the lines of bad sections to actually buy a property in. Like, if you were to move to Phila, i would tell you to stay away from West Phila, this section of town, that section of town...that sorta thing

:-)
www.lemoncrushbelize.com

#191486 - 03/10/06 04:16 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
kris48 Offline
Okay, can't help with that.

#191487 - 03/10/06 04:56 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
ScubaLdy Offline
I don't think you can get what you are looking for here. I'm afraid you might here from people who have a personal interest. However, I think once you get here it will be obvious what sections to avoid - just keep your eyes open - talk to people - use common sense.
There are many reputable realtors here. Just walk in, introduce yourself, be honest and straight forward about what you are looking for and work with who ever it is you make a good feeling connection with. However, be aware that there does not seem to be a multiple listing arrangement here. From what I have heard a realtor will only show you their listings. Also, the fees are a straight 8% and local financing is 12%.

#191488 - 03/10/06 05:14 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
mountain Larry Offline
Wait, let me get this right Lara, You are comparing AC to Philadelphia??? Have you ever been to San Pedro?

#191489 - 03/10/06 06:42 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
LaraTravelBelize Offline
OH DEAR GOD NO i'm not comparing at all! i was just trying to clarify the type of information i was looking for...LOL...areas to LIVE versus areas to VISIT smile
www.lemoncrushbelize.com

#191490 - 03/10/06 10:09 PM Re: "Bad Sections" of San Pedro Town?
Kra-Z-K Offline
are you thinking of moving here or actually purchasing property here?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, ExtendedCareBelize, IGAmel, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,056 Topics
462,294 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.