Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19218 - 05/03/05 03:43 PM Hopkins Village
wannaBEthere Offline
Ok, phew, finally decided. The last 5 days of our time spent in Belize will be in Hopkins Village.

I did a search on the boards and got some info, but just have to ask - what are some "have to's" while staying in that area?

Favorite lodging facilities?

Where not to miss a good meal?

cool

#19219 - 05/03/05 04:06 PM Re: Hopkins Village
Barbara K Offline
you will get lots more response to questions about Hopkins on the Belize Forums.

#19220 - 05/03/05 04:20 PM Re: Hopkins Village
wannaBEthere Offline
Thanks Barbara, now for a silly question, do you have the link? Or a link? Just turn me around and head me in the right direction please.

:rolleyes:

#19221 - 05/03/05 04:23 PM Re: Hopkins Village
SP Daily Offline

#19222 - 05/03/05 04:45 PM Re: Hopkins Village
wannaBEthere Offline
Thanks Jesse laugh

We're looking for a place to wind down after spending some active time in San Pedro .... a bridge to speak of, before heading back to reality.

Just read a few of the comments about Hopkins ....

I love your description... Last time I was in Hopkins, I remember thinking, while riding my bicycle : "if I go any slower, I will just fall down"... I am sure you know that feeling!

#19223 - 05/04/05 07:37 PM Re: Hopkins Village
collyk Offline
Beaches and Dreams!

#19224 - 05/04/05 10:47 PM Re: Hopkins Village
wannaBEthere Offline
collyk, just went back to an earlier thread where you had posted some pics and trip report. You got some great shots. I gave my hubby my "shot list" of places ... had Beaches and Dreams listed every other time. laugh

#19225 - 05/05/05 03:14 AM Re: Hopkins Village
NYgal Offline
Beaches and Dreams used to be real nice, then it went south for a while. It's under new ownership and I've read only good things. We used to stay there each time we visited Belize.

There are several places to stay in that area, you could just go and pick one. They're never all full.

The rooms at Beaches and Dreams are large and have king size beds. They also have a great cook, so I read, from Alaska or maybe that's where the new owner is from. hmmmm....

I like that area, just be prepared for the sandflies if you are so inclined to be bitten. I was and learned to wear long pants early AM and early PM. The sandflies come out for a short time and will be ready to hit you if the wind dies down smile Then change to shorts or suits.
Mainland is soooooooo different.

Dangriga has a nice place to stay. Pelican Beach and it's like an old southern plantation feel in the rooms. Housekeepers wear uniform and are very professional while their job. It's a short distance from the airport too.
There's a horse that just walks around across the street and the flowers are always lovely.
There is a security guard on duty all night and it's gated. I love the feel of that establishment, can you tell laugh
We've been there a few times. In fact the owner is the man that has that Belize forum that Jesse sent you to read.

djean from this forum is in Dangriga I think and will have more input.

We like Dangriga for short visits.

#19226 - 05/05/05 03:21 AM Re: Hopkins Village
NYgal Offline
Beaches and Dreams and Jaguar Reef are not in Hopkins. It's 2-3 miles south in Sittee area. smile

#19227 - 05/05/05 04:01 AM Re: Hopkins Village
wannaBEthere Offline
Thanks so much for your thoughts NYgal. Always nice to get input from folks who have actually been where "you don't really know where ya wanna go yet" laugh

Hmm ... do you happen to know if there is a United Methodist Church in Dangiaga?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 45 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,027 Topics
462,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.